Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Kudos for Cafe Lou Lou

no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Kudos for Cafe Lou Lou

by Mark R. » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:25 am

My wife wanted me to read a quick thread thanking everyone at Cafe Lou Lou for the wonderful lunch she and the girls she teaches preschool with had today. They all agreed it was one of the nicest lunchs they've ever had. The staff provided excellent service and everyone (including the vegetarians) was able to find a dish they loved.

They do two lunches annually, one at Christmas and one in the end of this school year. They've tried many places and this is the first where everyone enjoyed the meal and service!

They're already talking about a return visit since everyone enjoyed it so much.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Kudos for Cafe Lou Lou

by Marsha L. » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:40 am

Mark R. wrote:The staff provided excellent service and everyone (including the vegetarians) was able to find a dish they love...

They're already talking about a return visit since everyone enjoyed it so much.

Mark, thank your wife for us! We had a very busy lunch today with all the Mall-and-St-Matthews shoppers on top of our regular clients and special occasion parties, but everything went great. We had a whole new mix of folks in the dining room, but everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

As for the vegetarians, if they ordered the polenta, they are lucky diners indeed. That blue cheese polenta with asparagus and red pepper sauce is one of the best vegetarian dishes I've ever bothered to order. I keep having it for lunch at the end of my shift (sinful, I know. I have to stop after New Years'!)
no avatar
User

Shannon W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:06 pm

by Shannon W » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:07 am

I ate at Lou Lou for lunch yesterday too! It was really good. I am picky-picky about crab/lobster soups....and your Crab Chowder was AMAZING! The only problem was I got a cup instead of a bowl. Do you make this soup every Friday?

I also enjoyed the slightly different twist on the grilled chicken Caesar, very tasty as well.

Service was excellent and attentive. We'll be back soon!
"Mark that frame an eight...and you're entering a world of pain."
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:28 am

Shannon Williams wrote: Do you make this soup every Friday?

Shannon, I'm afraid we don't have our soups on any sort of scheduled rotation. We have a little bit of a soup war going on amongst the cooks (as in: "whose soup reigns supreme?") so you never know what you're gonna be offered on any particular day.

The crab chowder (sadly) wasn't my creation. I think the sous chef, Mark Johnson, made it (I'll check and make sure I pass along the kudos and the credit to the right cook). I've had his chowders before, and they are fantastic. Last one I remember was crawfish corn chowder, and I almost cried when the soup well was empty.

Have someone tell me you're there next time and I'll try to steal a moment to come out and say hi. :wink: