Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Bella Roma in New Albany

User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Highlands

Bella Roma in New Albany

by Lonnie Turner » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:36 pm

Did a search on the forum for "Bella Roma" and it came up with nothing so it seems to be new on this site.
La Bocca on Market Street that closed in the middle of 2014 apparently reopened with some iteration of the same principal players as Bella Roma a couple of months later. I tried it out for lunch and except for a sign change and a few menu tweaks it's as good as it ever was. I tried a new dish since the La Bocca incarnation, the amatriciana. It's crumbled bacon, onions, garlic with pasta & thick marinara. I never saw this dish on a menu anywhere before, or don't recall it at any rate. It's a great addition to a place (by whatever name) already on the short list of our favorite Italian restaurants.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Bella Roma in New Albany

by Robin Garr » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:35 pm

Lonnie Turner wrote:amatriciana...

Thanks for the report, Lonnie! It sounds like a good reason for a trip across the river!

I recall having amatriciana as a special at Volare some time back - maybe when Dallas was still there - but I agree, it's not a menu standard at any place I know of.