Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Fire at Porcini?

User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Fire at Porcini?

by Robin Garr » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:37 pm

We didn't want to be looky-loos, but passing by Porcini just now, it looked like there were multiple fire engines, EMS and police out front, and a smoke haze in the air. Anybody heard anything?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Fire at Porcini?

by Robin Garr » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:06 am

So, I'm told it turned out to be an EMS emergency ... diner had to be resuscitated. I guess the whole fire station came down to get in on the action, and the idling engines filled the block with a blue haze. Anyway, no fire, no damage at Porcini!
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:03 pm

Fire is sent automatically to severe shortness of breath, cardiac arrest and other high level emergencies. They are trained as EMTs (and a few paramedics) and have the equipment for medical care. In a lot of cases FD is closer than the ambulance. Beleive me, I always appreciated the extra trained hands!
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:08 pm

Suzi Bernert wrote:Fire is sent automatically to severe shortness of breath, cardiac arrest and other high level emergencies. They are trained as EMTs (and a few paramedics) and have the equipment for medical care. In a lot of cases FD is closer than the ambulance. Beleive me, I always appreciated the extra trained hands!

Well, yeah, but there were two fire engines AND an EMS van there, and at least one Metro police car; they were all idling in the traffic lanes, red-and-blues flashing, and there was a big crowd of onlookers. I'm glad they got the ill person help. I was later told that "someone died, but they resuscitated him," which may have been a bit inflated, or not. It sure looked like something major was going on.
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:20 pm

Maybe Pitino can't handle the private dining room the way he used to...
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Camp Taylor aka Louisville's food desert