Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Rob-a-Que

no avatar
User

Lora S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:51 am

Rob-a-Que

by Lora S » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:34 pm

As noted in another thread-

Rob-a-Que on Bishop Lane has changed to Pappy's. It is my understanding that they are serving some of Rob-a-que's menu and other items- anyone have any information on why the change and if the quality is still good?

Lora
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Rob-a-Que

by Ron H » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:40 pm

Same owners, different concept. It's going to have breakfast snacks, soups, and hot sandwiches, including Rob's pulled pork, pulled chicken, and brisket. Similar sides, same delicious brisket chili, same decent quality from what little I've had. Their espresso machine didn't work, though. I figure they're trying to capture the Van Hoose drive-by breakfast and lunch crowd.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Rob-a-Que

by Robin Garr » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:58 am

I just got a news release. Kind of sad that these nice folks paid real money for a news release when they could have just shot out a friendly Email to the food media. :(

Rob-a-Que Founder Rob Bailey Expands Hours and Menu
of Popular Restaurant on Bishop Lane:
The Result is Poppy's Café and Coffee

Louisville, KY (February 4, 2015) - Rob-a-Que, a popular barbeque restaurant, located at 4214 Bishop Lane on the corner of Bishop Lane and Newburg Road, has been remodeled and is now open as Poppy's Café and Coffee. Owner Rob Bailey made the change after conducting a lot of research and finding out that there were not any quick service breakfast options in the area.

"Our location was not conducive for dinner," says Bailey. "I also felt that a barbeque-only menu did not give enough options for our lunch crowd. After expanding our menu and hours, and changing our name, I think it's clear what we are offering now."

Poppy's is a fast serve breakfast and lunch café with a fresh inviting interior. The hours are Monday through Friday 6:30am to 3:00pm, closed on Saturday and Sunday.

Poppy's offers fresh ground coffee with a different roast each day, espresso, cappuccino, lattes, hot teas and hot chocolate. Breakfast options include Nord's Donuts, bagels, English muffin egg meat and cheese sandwiches, breakfast burritos, and scotch eggs.

The lunch menu includes salads with toppings of ham and turkey, grilled chicken or smoked salmon. Daily soups are brisket chili, potato and ham, and a soup of the day that includes, roasted red pepper crab, broccoli cheese, vegetable beef, Italian sausage, chicken tortilla and others. Deli sandwiches made fresh daily include smoked ham, smoked turkey, corned beef, grilled chicken and roast beef with a variety of cheeses and toppings. Homemade chicken salad and ham salad are also available. Hot press sandwiches include cuban, reuben, turkey reuben, buffalo chicken, hot brown and Italian.

Rob-a-Que sandwiches still available on the menu are pulled pork, pulled chicken and brisket. Slaw and potato salad are still made in house. Poppy's still offers the popular Rob-a-Que Q-packs which are complete carry-out BBQ meal packages that feed 5 people to 50 people.

Poppy's also caters to the gluten-free crowd, offering gluten-free bread, bagels, corn muffins and wraps. All soups and meats, the potato salad and slaw are all gluten-free as well.

Poppy's also offers a variety of catering options for breakfast or lunch events and meetings. For more information, visit www.PoppysCafeandCoffee.com or call (502) 365-1871.