Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

How the neighborhood feels about Lynn's

by Mark R. » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:06 pm

I saw this picture posted today on Facebook and thought I would share it here! My guess is that these signs express the opinion of almost everyone.
Attachments
Lynns.jpg
Lynns.jpg (32.49 KiB) Viewed 4798 times
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Re: How the neighborhood feels about Lynn's

by TP Lowe » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:35 am

Lynn has certainly not had good press in the past week.
User

Doug Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 pm

The Highlands

by Doug Davis » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:23 pm

Mark if I could like your post I would. I support the sentiments in the picture.
I eat, therefore I am.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:44 pm

Doug Davis wrote:Mark if I could like your post I would. I support the sentiments in the picture.

Feel free to borrow this ... :lol:

User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:38 pm

Yeah, I think those signs speak for me as well.

Wow.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Rob S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:42 am

by Rob S » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:16 pm

Here's a link to the article about the protest:
http://insiderlouisville.com/lifestyle_ ... dise-cafe/

I think we should all meet up Saturday at noon for a walk!
no avatar
User

CrisBanaszynski

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:39 pm

119 Saint Matthews Avenue

by CrisBanaszynski » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:18 pm

You can see a decline in that area for sure although I am not sure someone buying Lynn's and either operating as Lynn's or doing something different will help. I do like what the Monkey Wrench is doing to attract more guests but something else needs to open up down there. My idea was to open a butcher shop or desserts in the old Mercedes service station at 950? Barrett avenue. I feel like there is plenty of potential for that area of Barrett to be like a mini Bardstown/Baxter area.
Never trust a skinny chef...or a fat vegan
no avatar
User

Eric Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:23 pm

by Eric Hall » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:15 pm

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2015/01/22/lynns-paradise-cafe-owner-wants/22184903/

A response from Lynn. She claims she is spending 15k/month. I hope that is a misquote. Even if she has a loan on the property, I can see it costing 15K monthly to maintain. I guess it could be mortgage plus business loan but I would be shocked if both weren't paid off many years ago.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:57 am

Yeah, that's a pretty big number. Hope this ugly public situation is resolved soon.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:47 pm

Eric Hall wrote:http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2015/01/22/lynns-paradise-cafe-owner-wants/22184903/

A response from Lynn. She claims she is spending 15k/month. I hope that is a misquote. Even if she has a loan on the property, I can see it costing 15K monthly to maintain. I guess it could be mortgage plus business loan but I would be shocked if both weren't paid off many years ago.

If that's the case then you would think would be doing everything possible to unload the property! Even if took out a mortgage to build that addition where the gift shop was and the loan to redo the kitchen I don't see how she can be spending that much monthly to keep it. Of course, the lights are always on and I'm assuming the heat is too!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:44 pm

Isn't Papa John or someone bankrolling her?
no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

Louisville, KY

by RichardM » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:20 am

Once again Lynn’s Paradise (lost) Cafè is in the news. It appears mostly for self aggrandizement by Lynn Winter. To say Lynn’s is passé is an obvious understatement and it seems every couple of months she pops up in the news, one assumes from press releases she or her PR person has sent out, AGAIN.
I truly believe the vast majority of people in Louisville could not care less about her old restaurant. In its last years Lynn’s was catering mostly as a destination restaurant for one or two busses a day and those out of town guests who visited us and wanted to go to that place where Bobby Flay had lost a throw down. What she did was devastate a blossoming business area because she was pissed that she had to follow the rules, so she took her football and went home.
I hope she sells it, pays off any debts on it, and takes the rest of the money and stays out in Californicate. Where did she vote in the last election? What state does she have her driver’s license from? Is she even a ‘legal’ resident of Kentucky anymore?
Let’s be totally clear here: LYNN GO AWAY.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/ne ... /22487581/
Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.