Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Activity at Frankfort Ave and Franck?

by Robin Garr » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:42 pm

The old gas station that's been vacant for quite a while, where Todd Blue put up an inner-city-look chainlink fence? I'm told that serious activity is under way over there, concrete-busting equipment and such.

Anyone know anything? That's in the neighborhood, so I may stroll over later on.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Activity at Frankfort Ave and Franck?

by Mark R. » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:14 pm

Probably just a parking lot like every other building is taken down in Louisville becomes these days! :mrgreen:
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Susanne Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:55 pm

by Susanne Smith » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:05 pm

I love that space!! I sure hope who ever goes in keeps the building more or less intact. So retro cool.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:05 pm

We went over today and took a peek, and it appears that they MAY have dug out the old underground gas tanks.

My new theory is that Mr Blue is building an underground vault to stash his swag from the VA Hospital site sale. :lol:
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:23 pm

Robin Garr wrote:We went over today and took a peek, and it appears that they MAY have dug out the old underground gas tanks.

My new theory is that Mr Blue is building an underground vault to stash his swag from the VA Hospital site sale. :lol:

The VA deal was brokered by brother Jonathan Blue. Brother Todd Blue's Cobalt Ventures had the Frankfort Avenue property. Todd Blue has moved from Louisville to Houston. Reports at the time of that announcement implied Louisville was not progressive enough for his tastes.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:26 pm

Jay M. wrote: The VA deal was brokered by brother Jonathan Blue. Brother Todd Blue's Cobalt Ventures had the Frankfort Avenue property. Todd Blue has moved from Louisville to Houston. Reports at the time of that announcement implied Louisville was not progressive enough for his tastes.

Ah, right, thanks, Jay. Same family, though, correct? (Um, yes, that would by why you said "brother." ;) )
no avatar
User

Susanne Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:55 pm

by Susanne Smith » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:43 am

when I asked several years ago, they wanted 700 thousand for the property..out of my range for a viable restaurant concept.
User

Ken Wilson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Louisville

by Ken Wilson » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:18 pm

A vague but hopeful update: I was walking down Frankfort and saw a man with a measuring device of some kind going into this property. He seemed to be taking soil samples from the recently exposed dirt. I asked if there was any activity happening with the site and he said, "Yep, there is." I said I'd love to see a cafe or restaurant there, and he said, "Yep, that seems to be the direction they're going."
User

Ken Wilson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Louisville

by Ken Wilson » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:01 am

I was told a couple of weeks ago on the downlow that the property was going to be a restaurant "and more and will be spectacular." Here's the confirmation in Insider Louisville today. Blue Dog is opening its Red Hog tapas and butcher shop with regional meats! Excellent. The architect doing the work is the same as Holy Grale, NuLu barber shop, Craft House, etc. so, yes, it will be spectacular.

http://insiderlouisville.com/business/closing-bell-blue-dog-resurrecting-red-hog-lge-will-seek-rate-hike-feds-looking-humana-local-stock-roundup/
no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

by Mike D » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:29 am

I was pleased to see the story about Blue Dog / Red Hog. We don't eat meat so I may not be able to patronize Red Hog as much as I'd like to, but I'm looking forward to the removal of that gosh-awful chain link fence! I grit my teeth every time I pass that corner.