Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Barrel House Social opening late March on Dutchmans Lane

by Robin Garr » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:33 pm

News release

Barrel House Social will open in late March in the former Oldenberg Brewery Building located at 6201 Dutchmans Lane.

Barrel House Social will feature diner-inspired shared plates with a large selection of local craft beer and a prominent selection of bourbon-barrel beers aged on site. Old-school gaming like shuffleboard and wallhooky along with multiple televisions for sports fans will foster the social aspect of the concept.

“Barrel House Social will be that special place where everyone comes to relax and enjoy good friends and great food,” explained Managing Partner Bruce Rosenblatt. “Our goal is it becomes that third place (after home and work) where friends come regularly and look forward to coming again.”

“From dining room tables to comfortable living room areas, guests will have plenty of seating options,” said Rosenblatt. “Every room will have a different social and dining experience so every visit will be a new adventure. The building will feature its own themed sections including “The Lodge” with a vintage ski-lift where guests can dine and another section that will have a Victorian Industrial feel,” Rosenblatt said.

Mr. Rosenblatt, a twenty year veteran in the service industry, received funding from EAP Concepts, a restaurant focused venture capital group founded by Tony Palombino, the creator of several highly successful Louisville-based concepts mostly notably Boombozz Pizza & Taphouse.

“Bruce is a visionary entrepreneur with a great spirit, we hope that our expertise and enthusiasm in brand building will be a catalyst for Bruce and his team as we join together to grow the brand," says Palombino.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Barrel House Social opening late March on Dutchmans Lane

by Robin Garr » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:43 pm

This was recently the Twisted Kilt, by the way. Oldenburg has been gone for a long time.
no avatar
User

David C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:28 pm

Highlands

by David C » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:48 pm

I was thinking about the Louisville dining scene earlier today and thought, "Hmmm, what are we missing here? Ah, yes, a restaurant with a 'Victorian Industrial' feel." :wink: (sorry to be someone who rarely comments and then be negative, but this seems absurd)
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:06 am

Okay, what is "wallhooky"??

Deb
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

by Jeffrey D. » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:31 am

Okay, what is "wallhooky"??

:idea:

Just like regular hooky, except played on a wall?
My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:00 am

Deb Hall wrote:Okay, what is "wallhooky"??

I had to google! Looks like a 12th century version of darts without the sharp pointy things. Try to toss a ring on a string over a hook on the wall?

http://wallhooky.com/
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:32 am

Cool-I think it's an interesting concept for that ( massive) space. Great strategy to incorporate leisure activities into the concept to draw people to that not terribly visible site. It has easy access from the highway and plenty of parking, if they also have great food and beer to match. I really liked Oldenburg when I first moved here.

Deb
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Highlands

by Lonnie Turner » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:27 pm

David C wrote:I was thinking about the Louisville dining scene earlier today and thought, "Hmmm, what are we missing here? Ah, yes, a restaurant with a 'Victorian Industrial' feel." :wink: (sorry to be someone who rarely comments and then be negative, but this seems absurd)

As dining demographics fragment like every other kind in the marketplace, we'll now have a restaurant catering to steampunks...
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:41 pm

Never mind how they brand it, I think this is going to be Son of AP Crafters, with more interesting architecture and better beer. :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Eric Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:23 pm

by Eric Hall » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:42 pm

Robin Garr wrote:.

Barrel House Social will feature......and a prominent selection of bourbon-barrel beers aged on site.

I want to know how they will be doing this without a microbrewery license.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:23 pm

Not happening according to insider louisville, but I did notice the Manny and Merle's is adding fried chicken to the menu.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

SheilaKalajdžić

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:16 pm

by SheilaKalajdžić » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:03 pm

Sounds like a really nice atmosphere! I'm curious about their menu/cuisine. :)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:42 pm

SheilaKalajdžić wrote:Sounds like a really nice atmosphere! I'm curious about their menu/cuisine. :)

Looks like this one isn't going to happen, though. :(