Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Barrel House Social - hot chicken & craft beer

by JustinHammond » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:19 pm

According to insider Louisville

Barrel House Social bringing craft beer, Nashville hot chicken: A new independent concept dubbed Barrel House Social is under construction at the original site of The Oldenburg Brewery at 6201 Dutchmans Lane. The location most recently housed a Tilted Kilt “breastaurant” (yes, that’s an official restaurant category), but the chain pulled the plug about two years ago.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

Re: Barrel House Social - hot chicken & craft beer

by Iggy C » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:50 pm

Hope the hot chicken is actually hot. I tried Hattie Bs (similar craft beer/hot chicken deal) last time I was in Nashville and was underwhelmed with the heat level. Otherwise I am tentatively very excited! Louisville could use a good hot chicken place.
no avatar
User

Adrian Baldwin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:29 pm

Louisville, KY

by Adrian Baldwin » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:53 pm

Umm, what spice level did you go with?

You can go about as hot as you want there...Hattie B's is legit.

I LOVE hot food, and the medium there is fine with me, (although I typically go Hot) and they have 3 levels about that. Hot, DAMN Hot, and Shut the Cluck Up.

If none of those satisfy your heat craving, you may need to go to the Dr.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:02 pm

I asked how their heat scale compared to Prince's, and they said their hot was the same as Prince's medium. Unfortunately it was not. But you are right, I should probably continue up the scale and try damn hot and see how that compares to Prince's medium before criticizing.