Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

A shout out to Highland Coffee Company

no avatar
User

SheilaKalajdžić

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:16 pm

A shout out to Highland Coffee Company

by SheilaKalajdžić » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Highland Coffee Company on Bardstown Rd. is my favorite coffee shop in Louisville. Why? First of all, they have the best coffee in town made from the smoothest-tasting roasted beans I've ever had. The owner was nice enough to tell me that their beans come from a family member who's in the coffee business.

Highland Coffee Company's icy chai tea during the hot months of the year is my absolute favorite treat while a mug of their hot chai tea latte is my favorite warm-me-up on a chilly afternoon or evening. What I love the most about Highland Coffee is I can get all my favorite drinks made with almond milk, and I can't tell you how happy that makes me! :) 

They also have yummy baked goods, plenty of space, both indoors and on their patio, to sit and relax, and everyone is super friendly there. They also make sure to take care of our furry friends by having bowls of water outside for them.

Speaking of furry friends, this holiday season they've have a pet angel tree up, encouraging their patrons to help homeless pets. In addition, this summer they teamed up with a non-profit organization (Saving Sunny, Inc.) to help needy folks get care for their pets. This winter, they also participated in the Free Coat Exchange. Their business was a collection site for folks to donate coats to help out those who need them.

Besides helping others in the community, they also display artwork by local residents and students. This is a local business I'm proud to support, and I just wanted to give them a shout out. :)
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: A shout out to Highland Coffee Company

by Robin Garr » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:31 pm

Excellent review, Sheila! You told us not only that you like it but told us why. Good work, and thanks!
no avatar
User

SheilaKalajdžić

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:16 pm

Re: A shout out to Highland Coffee Company

by SheilaKalajdžić » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:03 am

Thanks, Robin! :D