Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Brazieros Churrascaria??

no avatar
User

Tony G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:37 am

Louisville Ky 40214

Brazieros Churrascaria??

by Tony G » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:32 am

I'm sure I misspelled some portion of the topic! We were considering going there. Any reports? Dinner and drinks costs for 2 adults?
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

Re: Brazieros Churrascaria??

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:03 am

Haven't been for dinner, but lunch was around $20-25 per person for the meal, not including any drinks. I'd expect dinner around $30-40 each.

It was an enjoyable experience. You paid about what a steak would cost, but instead of just one cut, you got to sample a lot of different cuts of meat, including some styles you don't typically see in the US. Generally, the beef cuts were best; the pork ribs and sausages tended to be a bit dry. Chicken was not bad. My absolute favorite was the picanha (pee-CAY-uh), a beef rump cap cut with a layer of delicious fat that's bent in a crescent shape on the skewer.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:11 am

http://www.brazeiros.com/louisville-location/

DINNER

*Monday - Friday: Bar Opens at 4:30pm*

Monday to Thursday 5:00pm to 10:00pm

Friday 5:00pm to 10:30pm

Saturday 3:00pm to 10:30pm

Sunday 3:00pm to 9:00pm

$38.50 | $28.50 Lite Dinner |
$19.50 Salad Bar Only

LUNCH

Tuesday to Friday 11:30am to 2:00pm

$24.50 | $19.50 Lite Lunch |
$16.50 Salad Bar Only

Sunday 11:30am to 3:00pm

$28.50 | $22.50 Lite Lunch |
$18.50 Salad Bar Only
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:17 pm

Well, I know we are late to the party but we finally got around to trying this place. My friends had had been without any meat meals while their vegan kids were in town. Dad was snarling for some red meat. This seemed to be the appropriate place.
We did a Saturday lunch reasoning that if we would be eating indoors around others perhaps the slowest time of the week might be our best idea. It worked, there were only 3 other tables.

In addition to the usual stuff the salad bar included chilled asparagus and lovely large slices of lox and some chilled shrimp. Also some marble sized red, pickled onions that were fantastic! Sneeze guards were in place and disposable plastic gloves were made available for your hands while serving yourself. We all felt reasonably safe.

We sampled all the meats, each of us had our own favorites. The filet mignon, chicken wrapped in bacon, top steak were each expertly cooked although pretty pedestrian. I thought the unsauced pork rib had a great rub on it and was a nice variation from whats found at most bbq places. My friends gave the teriyaki chicken very high marks as well as the lamb. (Lamb STILL tasted like a closet to me, but thats just me.) But the clear winner that we all loved, nay, swooned over, was the Picanha. My friend said she could not figure out what gave it its distinctive flavor. I can't swear to it but I think its just fat. Slow roasting with an in tact fat casing. It was divine.

Excellent service by mask wearing servers with 3 non alcoholic drinks and two Brazillian coffees afterwards + 25% tip brought the total to $210.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:28 am

Well, I was wrong. The delightful, tiny, looked to pickled in beet juice salad bar items were not tiny onions but a tiny pepper variety called Sweety Drops. Ordering some for my fridge now.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

by Christina Firriolo » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:36 pm

We took a group on Thanksgiving evening. There were eight of us for dinner. Many of us had several drinks and dessert as well. We got out for under $900 (that is including a generous tip.)
No clean up, no muss, no fuss. It was very good (and surprisingly busy!)
We got our turkey fix during the day with Honey Baked ham and turkey and many other charcuterie items.
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

by Kris Billiter » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:01 pm

Just a note. Apparently weekday lunch is no longer a thing. Not surprising given the downtown landscape and the nature of how food is prepared there. Too bad. Was a great deal!