Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Rob S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:42 am

Restaurants with separate event space

by Rob S » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:58 pm

Looking for good restaurants that have space isolated away from main dining area. Doesn't necessarily have to be a banquet room, just a space that has privacy but access to menu and bar. I know Saints has an upstairs space but am looking for other options. Any help would be appreciated.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Restaurants with separate event space

by Mark R. » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:21 pm

Depends on what size area you are looking for but: Coals has a nice upstairs room, Napa River has a couple of different rooms of various sizes and I know that Brasserie Provence has at least one room available for groups. Obviously many other places also have rooms available which I'm sure others will chime in with.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:44 pm

Napa River Grill has two first-rate private spaces, a beautiful smaller room that holds up to about 20, and a larger room that could hold 40 or so. I have a group meeting in there every month, and they've been extremely hospitable and highly flexible with our plans. Check with Mitch Law, the new GM, for details.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:44 pm

Napa River Grill has two first-rate private spaces, a beautiful smaller room that holds up to about 20, and a larger room that could hold 40 or so. I have a group meeting in there every month, and they've been extremely hospitable and highly flexible with our plans. Check with Mitch Law, the new GM, for details.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:36 pm

Volare has a very nice private room- I don't know seating capacity. They host a lot of meetings there. Saffron has one of the more unique rooms in town- in an old vault. ( Their building was a bank at some point.) We hosted my father's 70th Birthday party there- I believe it seat around 20. They did an excellent job for us .

Deb
no avatar
User

Ian Hall

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:56 am

by Ian Hall » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:50 pm

We have a private event space on the mezzanine level @ The Exchange pub & kitchen. We can accomodate seated dinners for up to 40 ppl, and 55 for cocktails andhors devours. We have a separate street side entrance, full bar, and restroom. Let us know if we can help.

Ian
Attachments
IMG_0194.JPG
IMG_0194.JPG (108.54 KiB) Viewed 2622 times
IMG_0157.JPG
IMG_0157.JPG (111.02 KiB) Viewed 2622 times
no avatar
User

Rob S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:42 am

by Rob S » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:02 am

Hi Ian. Did you use to manage at Judge Roy Bean's?
no avatar
User

Joseph Frase

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 08, 2007 8:30 pm

by Joseph Frase » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:54 pm

Wiltshire on Market has an AMAZING private dining space. It, would be perfect for you, as long as your party did not exceed 40 people.
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."
Mark Twain
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

by Willie Myers » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:18 am

For a touch of the Irish, Irish Rover's got the entire upstairs, Molly's/Baxter's got an entire upstairs deck w/bar & O'Shea's/Baxter's got an entire building!
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

by Scott Hack » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:32 pm

I love this thread because I'm always trying to come up with ideas for groups.

One of the places at The Paddock, I think it is the Fish Market place has an enclosed banquet table that probably seats 16 to 20 people.

Several of the Bristols have private dining rooms.

Captain's Quarters has a few different rooms depending on group size.

I think the downtown location of Impellizzeri's Pizza has a private room and I've been to events in the lower level of Bearno's by the Bridge that were private.

There has to be more though. MORE! MORE! MORE!
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225