Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

& in at #13...

no avatar
User

Patrick Kelting

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:39 pm

The Burbs

& in at #13...

by Patrick Kelting » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:39 pm

no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: & in at #13...

by Mark R. » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:47 pm

Interesting article however I'm not sure that NuLu deserves to be on the list. We have other food neighborhoods that many others including myself think are even better! Unfortunately, NuLu garners far more attention than it deserves probably mostly because of how it markets itself. No matter what, it is nice to see the Louisville food community get acknowledged nationally.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:53 pm

I just don't know what to think about all these "clickbait" publications like Thrillist, Movoto, yada, yada. I love it that Louisville is getting great publicity, but the publishers hire free-lancers and pay them almost nothing, and they get the quality that they pay for. Did you guys read that article? It starts by putting Proof in NuLu and goes downhill from there. :P

But that being said, yay for Louisville getting good foodie publicity. :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:39 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Did you guys read that article? It starts by putting Proof in NuLu and goes downhill from there. :P

Yes, I read it and saw what you're talking about but I've learned to ignore things like that from out-of-town writers! Even some of the locals confuse where restaurants are in their reviews so how can you expect out-of-towners to get it right? As you said, any nationwide publicity is good so we should take it as given and ignore the rest.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"