Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

New Embassy Suites Downtown dining

by James Natsis » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:23 pm

I found this on the Embassy Suites Downtown Louisville website under dining. Does anyone have further info?

Catch 23

Fine Dining featuring steak and seafood, connected to the Embassy Suites.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Re: New Embassy Suites Downtown dining

by James Natsis » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:49 pm

InsiderLouisville did a piece on this today. The place looks pretty interesting.

http://www.catchtwentythree.com

http://insiderlouisville.com/business/c ... -downtown/
James J. Natsis
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:45 pm

Well it sounds interesting it certainly doesn't sound as great as I was hoping. It's fish choices are rather limited overall and there's certainly nothing special about any of them. I also have a large selection of the usual steaks and chops that seem to be a prerequisite for any high-end chain restaurant. I was hoping for something along the lines of McCormick & Schmick's which at least on paper is significantly above this restaurant chain. Any one of them that I've eaten at certainly met or exceeded my expectations. The only way to find out about Catch 23 of course will be to try them out into the open, hopefully they will exceed what I'm expecting.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:38 am

Mark R. wrote:Well it sounds interesting it certainly doesn't sound as great as I was hoping. It's fish choices are rather limited overall and there's certainly nothing special about any of them. I also have a large selection of the usual steaks and chops that seem to be a prerequisite for any high-end chain restaurant. I was hoping for something along the lines of McCormick & Schmick's which at least on paper is significantly above this restaurant chain. Any one of them that I've eaten at certainly met or exceeded my expectations. The only way to find out about Catch 23 of course will be to try them out into the open, hopefully they will exceed what I'm expecting.

According to an update to the article, the Catch 23 going into the Embassy Suites has no connection to the Florida mini-chain.

***UPDATE 10:04 p.m.***

Bachelor got back to IL via email late Monday evening:

“It has no affiliation with the restaurants in Florida other than the name. The Louisville restaurant is much more upscale and will have a variety of menu options from seafood, steak and Low Country cuisine.”

http://insiderlouisville.com/business/c ... -downtown/
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:43 am

Interesting that they are using the same name is another restaurant chain, I wonder what the chain will think about that? Could be a good old Catch 22!! :mrgreen:
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"