Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Con Huevos!

no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Con Huevos!

by James Natsis » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:07 pm

I just saw this posted by Robin on facebook coming in the former Sari-Sari space. I'm not a native Spanish speaker, however, my first reaction to that title is a chuckle. I'd like a second opinion as to whether this is a wise name for a restaurant.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Con Huevos!

by Robin Garr » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:11 pm

James Natsis wrote:I just saw this posted by Robin on facebook coming in the former Sari-Sari space. I'm not a native Spanish speaker, however, my first reaction to that title is a chuckle. I'd like a second opinion as to whether this is a wise name for a restaurant.

Yeah, you beat me here ... I couldn't post a picture to the forum from the iThing. :oops:

I'm not fluent in Spanish, but I think your concern about "huevos" is akin to worrying about whether people will misinterpret "hot roasted nuts" or "great balls of fire" in English. It all depends on where your mind is. :lol:

Seriously, though, "huevos" means "eggs" first, and in context, most people would take it that way.

conhuevos.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

by Steve H » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:13 pm

This might be a breakfast place to actually get me out in the mornings!
:D
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:18 pm

Steve H wrote:This might be a breakfast place to actually get me out in the mornings!
:D

Better yet if they serve breakfast for lunch! :lol:
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:23 pm

My contact with Spanish includes frequent use of huevos with no mention of breakfast!

Anyway, sounds cool. Its just too bad we lost a Philippine restaurant in the transition.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:59 am

It's opening Saturday! Hola!

Here's the Business First story, a nice interview with the Mexican couple who run Con Huevos:

http://m.bizjournals.com/louisville/new ... tml?r=full