Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

SheilaKalajdžić

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:16 pm

Re: When ordering, are you a creature of habit?

by SheilaKalajdžić » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:20 am

Gayle DeM wrote:Welcome, Shiela.

I tend to be a creature of habit when I'm ordering at certain restaurants. At Brasserie Provence, I have a hard time not ordering the French Onion Soup, the panisse or the beignets. When I order from the small plate menu at Volare's bar, I habitually order the meatball slyder. I can't resist the Asopado. However, at Mussel and Burger Bar I way to busy trying to work my way through the menu. Anosh Bistro hasn't been open long enough for me to establish a favorite, but I haven't made a poor choice yet.

Thanks for the welcome, Gayle, and for your input. I've never had asopado before, but I'd love to try it sometime. :)
no avatar
User

SheilaKalajdžić

{ RANK }

Foodie

by SheilaKalajdžić » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:27 am

Alanna H wrote:Still don't like alcoholic beverages or chocolate ;-) So I guess you could consider me a reformed creature of habit? I'm having a blast trying new things :-)

That's really interesting how your tastes have changed after surgery, Alanna, and it's wonderful that you're having fun trying new things! I used to be really picky too, but my tastes buds did a 180 degree turn. Everything I used to hate as a kid (the list was quite long), I love now. As far as chocolate is concerned, I'm definitely a chocoholic. :)
no avatar
User

SheilaKalajdžić

{ RANK }

Foodie

by SheilaKalajdžić » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:31 am

Robin Garr wrote:Sheila, I've traveled in Slovenia and Croatia, but never got to Bosnia or anyplace farther south. I only learned a few words!

That part of the world sure is beautiful, Robin, and it's wonderful you were able to see part of the former Yugoslavia. I'm afraid I've only seen pictures. :( One day I'd love to travel there. My husband is from Mostar which is a beautiful city in the Herzegovina part of Bosnia & Herzegovina. :)
no avatar
User

SheilaKalajdžić

{ RANK }

Foodie

by SheilaKalajdžić » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:40 am

Jonathan Exum wrote:To do a little plug. If your having problems breaking being a creature of habit you could always go to a restaurant that changes its menu every week... say I don't know..ummm...Wiltshire on Market! :D as for me I have my go to favorites. Red state burger at bunz. Chicken quesadilla with a side of Chipotle aioli at El Mundo ( kind of a fat kid). But one of my favorite things is to go to a new restaurant and just order a table of food to try as much as I can, because I don't know when I will have time to get out again!

That's really neat, Jonathan, that your restaurant has a different menu every week. I've never been there, but I'd love to try it. :) I just took a peek at the menu, and the flatbread with the lamb and feta cheese was making my mouth water. :) I was checking out your hours on the website. Are you closed Mon-Wed? I only go out to eat on my off days (Mon/Tues).
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:39 am

I'd like to add my welcome Sheila- thanks for adding so much to this forum in one question.
Like quite a few others here I have some stand-by favorites but try to order something new too. I have a very hard time going to Guaca Mole without getting the Flautas de Pato, the delicious duck confit flautas. Also the guacamole yucateca- amazingly yummy.
I like to get two or three small items so it's easy to add something new to the mix everytime.

But I also seek out places where I can get totally new things, My go to place for this is Rye- the menu changes everyday (or at least several times during the week). I don't believe I have ever had the same dish there twice, and I eat there a lot.

I look forward to seeing your thoughts and insights again Sheila.
no avatar
User

SheilaKalajdžić

{ RANK }

Foodie

by SheilaKalajdžić » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:24 am

Gary, thanks so much for the warm welcome and your input. I really appreciate it. :) I like your idea of ordering a couple of small things in order to sample more of the menu. I might have to try that. :)
Previous