Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Andrew A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:53 pm

Gralehaus is becoming my favorite lunch spot.

by Andrew A » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:24 pm

So far I've not had a bad meal there. The pork chop sandwich was awesome. Nice thick flavorful chop on some Texas toast with red eye gravy. Admittedly I saw a previous picture of it on a biscuit that I think I would have preferred over the toast but it was still great. Above all my favorite has to be the porchetta. The pork itself is phenomenal but you add in the house made giardiniera and put it on a blue dog baguette and it becomes extraordinary. If I do have one small complaint it's the checkout process. After I swipe my card at the counter the automatic options for a tip are 20, 25, and 30%. A bit much for taking my order and pointing me toward the self serve water. You do have the option for selecting a custom amount but starting points at 10, 15, and 20% would seem more appropriate IMO. Anyway it's a very small annoyance in an otherwise great cafe. It certainly won't stop me from going back and I encourage others to do the same.
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

Re: Gralehaus is becoming my favorite lunch spot.

by Steve H » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:28 pm

I really don't see much difference with this than preloading a counter tip jar with fives and tens. :lol:

You make me to try this place out though!