Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

Suggestions for places that deliver to Norton Brownsboro

by BevP » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:34 am

Help! My Hubby was admitted to Norton Brownsboro on Tuesday and I am staying with him in his room. I need suggestions for food options for me especially in the evenings as the hospital cafeteria is only open breakfast and lunch. There is a small counter in the lobby that has like 2 salad options and 3 sandwich options that closes at 7 but after 2 nights that has already gotten old. We are looking at being here thru the weekend. I don't know the area well enough to leave after dark. Thanks
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Re: Suggestions for places that deliver to Norton Brownsboro

by Deb Hall » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:54 am

Bev,
Did you try asking the nurses? They tend to know- both for patients and themselves.

I live very nearby and would be happy to act as a delivery service If you unable to find service; I can do Friday and Sunday evenings.

Some thoughts in the area :
Jimmy Johns on Westport Road ( yes)
Corbetts- no delivery but they are in the same complex, maybe two blocks away. You really can't get lost- it's just a big circle.
Same for the following:
Chili's
Olive Garden
Arby's

Papa johns Springhurst would deliver there.

Best to your husband. Let me know via PM if you want ne to bring you something.
Deb
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:09 pm

Maybe check out Takout Taxi, too? Not sure if they have a particular delivery area or cover the whole city.

http://www.takeouttaxilouisville.com/
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:39 pm

I know that the Tea Station in Norton Commons delivers and it's just around the corner from you going the back way so they may be an option. I also think that Johnny Brusco's, also in Norton Commons, delivers and they have a wide variety of other items, not just pizza.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:19 pm

If you're a member, Costco has roll-up sandwiches, shrimp salads, and cooked rotisserie chicken that are good, can be kept in the in-room fridges, and you can eat when you want - plus, they're not very expensive.
Andrew Mellman
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:01 pm

The Costco idea would have been great but I let my membership go when we realized we just were not out this way that much, but alas went out to lunch with my son stopped at Earth Fare and Kroger and picked up a few items for tonight and breakfast tomorrow. Thanks for all the suggestions.
no avatar
User

Paula B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:59 pm

by Paula B » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:35 am

Dear Bev,,
I just saw your post,, if you would like me to bring you something from Anoosh Bistro,, I would be happy to deliver.. the restaurant number is 502 690 6585 ,or my cell is 5029057724.. I hope your husband is feeling better..
Paula Barmore
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:10 am

Paula B wrote:Dear Bev,,
I just saw your post,, if you would like me to bring you something from Anoosh Bistro,, I would be happy to deliver.. the restaurant number is 502 690 6585 ,or my cell is 5029057724.. I hope your husband is feeling better..
Paula Barmore

Thank you so much for the offer....I really appreciate it, but don't want to put anyone to any trouble. We are looking forward to trying your new venture as soon as he is back on his feet. Thanks again, Bev
no avatar
User

Sanjay S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:30 am

by Sanjay S » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:22 pm

Actually, you don't have to be a member to purchase food in the Costco foodcourt - also, it's cash only at the foodcourt counter (if you are a member, you can pre-pay for foodcourt items with a credit card at checkout).