Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Oh, wow. MORE pizza in St Matthews!

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:37 am

RedBrick, a corporate chain, comes to the St Matthews Mall, amid blaring trumpets and resounding PR hype ...

RedBrick Pizza® to Debut in Kentucky
Open Flame Artisan Pizza chain set to open in Louisville’s Mall St. Matthews

DALLAS – (December 17, 2014) – RedBrick Pizza, the fast-casual restaurant serving up gourmet artisan pizza baked to perfection in just 3 minutes in a 1000⁰ open flame terra cotta oven, and also featuring Italian flatbread sandwiches known as Fhazani®, fresh chopped salads, and all natural gelato, today announced its first Kentucky restaurant will open this holiday season at Mall St. Matthews in Louisville. This new location is the first of several restaurants in the area to be developed over the next three years.

Located at 5000 Shelbyville Rd., this food court location features the new “Classic Italian” design for RedBrick Pizza Kitchen + Cafe, showcasing the restaurant’s open-flame brick oven with elegant wood paneling and touches of classic Italian architecture.

“We are very excited to introduce the new RedBrick Pizza design to shoppers at Mall St. Matthews,” said Chris Pfau, COO of RedBrick Pizza. “With a diverse community of pizza lovers continually searching for a higher quality pizza, Louisville offers us the opportunity to show everyone what RedBrick Pizza has to offer. We use the highest quality better for you ingredients, organic sauce, made from scratch dough combining brick oven tradition with new world recipes.”

The Mall St. Matthews location is a corporate-owned site for the franchisor and is immediately available for sale to franchise prospects with restaurant experience who are interested in opening future outlets.

“We see an increasing demand for healthy eating options. By offering RedBrick Pizza customers gluten-free pizza options, fresh ingredients and no butter in the house, our pizzas are poised to become a fan favorite in this continually growing consumer market,” added Pfau.

RedBrick is one of five franchise concepts owned by BRIX Holdings, LLC, which specializes in supporting and growing restaurant franchises that cater to healthy eating trends and with strong potential to expand. The company is best-known for the award-winning Red Mango® Cafe & Juice Bar and Smoothie Factory® Juice Bar chains.

More information on the RedBrick Pizza franchise program can be found at www.redbrickpizzafranchise.info.
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

Re: Oh, wow. MORE pizza in St Matthews!

by RonnieD » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:41 am

Obligatory Pizza Restaurant Joke

Follow up with Obligatory Mexican Restaurant Joke.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:14 pm

Well, the food court there did need some help, and this is sure to be a big step up from the Sbarro that closed a while back.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:08 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:Well, the food court there did need some help, and this is sure to be a big step up from the Sbarro that closed a while back.

A generous response, generous and true. I'll probably check it out. I'll pretty much try any pizza once. :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:42 pm

Cosmo Kramer was just ahead of his time apparently......
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:41 pm

It looks like everyone is jumping on the healthy, rustic, artisan, fast casual bandwagon from Wendy's to McDonalds, to Taco Bell and even Thorntons! I tried Blaze Pizza once, and am burnt out on the bland flavors of Qdoba, Subway and Moe's. I simply do not yearn to eat at these places, but rather surrender to the need to eat at a given time and place when my choices are reduced, especially on the road or with my young boys.

Thank goodness we have a wide variety of homegrown choices here in Louisville. I don't boycott the national chains and may very well try some Red Brick (registered trademark symbol) pizza if I ever make it to St Mathews mall and am hungry. HOWEVER, just as every country gets a government it deserves, every community gets a food scene it deserves. These franchises slowly gnaw away at the local fiber of a community or neighborhood.

I'm amazed at the reaction I get from people when I'm out of town who gawk over our food scene. Let's be mindful of our mission to "keep it weird."
James J. Natsis
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:20 pm

James Natsis wrote:Let's be mindful of our mission to "keep it weird."

Yes! This! And with rising grocery prices and growing mindfulness to the moral issue of paying a living wage, we need to support our locals more than ever.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:45 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:..and this is sure to be a big step up from the Sbarro that closed a while back.

Hopefully so but I certainly wouldn't count on it until after trying it!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"