Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

The Post Pub?

no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

The Post Pub?

by Bryan Shepherd » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Does anyone have an update on The Post? It is in Germantown and was supposed to open this fall.

http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/n ... -life.html
BShep
User

Clay Cundiff

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:54 am

Re: The Post Pub?

by Clay Cundiff » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:29 pm

Looks as if they've pretty well rebuilt the entire place. Looking forward to trying it out.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:40 pm

A bunch of people posted reviews on Facebook. Not sure if it's open for good or if that was a one-night test run.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Iggy C » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:37 pm

Looks like it'll open for good on Wednesday.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Iggy C » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:52 pm

I went, and I liked it a lot. Good pizza, medium thickness crust, falls into the spectrum of Louisville pizza style, I reckon. I burned the roof of my mouth pretty bad so perhaps the subtleties were lost on me. Really strong beer selection, nice decor, patio looks promising. Medium 4-meat pizza plus two beers and tip was $30. Definitely a solid addition to the neighborhood that fits in well with Four Pegs and Eiderdown. I could see getting beers at Nachbar or Pauly's or Four Pegs and going by the Post for a jumbo slice afterwards.
no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Camp Taylor aka Louisville's food desert

by Adam C » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:36 pm

Picked up slices for the wife and I last night. Similar sentiments from Iggy's above post. Medium crust, a bit of crunch, foldable, great beer list. I was under the assumption it was a slice focused place like Spinelli's or Papalino's but it's more of a sitdown place, which I like. They did an amazing job on the interior. The bar is awesome(butcher block style counter tops, warm lighting). Kind of a tight squeeze through spots but it's a great addition to Germantown.
no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

by Bryan Shepherd » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:36 pm

We enjoy Pazzo's pizza when we hang out in Lexington, and from what I read, the owner worked at Pazzo's for a period of time.
BShep