Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Aaron M. Renn

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 12, 2007 7:10 pm

by Aaron M. Renn » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:47 am

I actually like Zagat. In an era where you can easily find anything you want on the internet at sites like this, it is easy to forget that not that long ago it was difficult to even find a comprehensive restaurant directory to a town that wasn't either just a list or put out by some sort of local booster organization. Zagat filled that niche, though obviously the need is less today. And personally, I don't think the ratings are that bad. Maybe it won't help you find that obscure ethnic place under the L tracks, but as a general restaurant guide for the common man, it is pretty good I think.
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:49 am

I think the Michelin Guide gives a lot of good and accurate information. Zagat is decent enough for giving you restaurants in a given neighborhood by type of cuisine and the phone number.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:57 am

Also Ron...They make great tires also... :D
Previous