Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Spinelli's Preston Location?

no avatar
User

StaceyBreckel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:13 am

Spinelli's Preston Location?

by StaceyBreckel » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:55 pm

Does this particular location not have heat? I needed to get dinner really late at night over the weekend, so stopped by for dinner. It was almost as cold inside the restaurant as it was outside. I wound up freezing while waiting for and eating my pizza. Had I had any other decent options at 1am in the area (I live in Shepherdsville), I honestly would've left. The pizza was not good enough to make it worth it either :P Bland crust, and everything tasted coated in oregano.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Spinelli's Preston Location?

by Robin Garr » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:04 pm

Brrr! I can't comment about the heat policy in the Preston Spinelli's, Stacey, but in this so-far cole winter, I've been in a couple of restaurants that were just cold enough to be unpleasant. If they're trying to turn tables, it may build speedy dining habits, but not good will. :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

Re: Spinelli's Preston Location?

by Bryan Shepherd » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:13 pm

Spinelli's used to be located at Trixie's Gold Room. It was probably a good idea to get their own store front, although the last thing that did well at that location was a Dunkin Donuts many moons ago. I am sure the pies got a little too hot being that close to the dancing:-)

Anyhow, I think they did a fairly big business with Ford Louisville Assembly Plant from the Preston Hwy location.
BShep