Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

restaurants open on Christmas Day?

by Willie Myers » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:53 pm

just wondering where, in town, the wife and I might put on our glad-rags on Christmas afternoon and go have a lovely holiday dinner? I'm *assuming* that the hotels will be serving, as they'll have guests to accommodate. The Oakroom's got a "Christmas Royal Brunch" going from 11:00-4:00, no info on The English Grill's offering (if any). Rivue's got a Christmas Day Brunch, but no menu/details shown.
So, any other suggestions?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: restaurants open on Christmas Day?

by Robin Garr » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:17 pm

Some Asian places are open on Christmas, Willie. Vietnam Kitchen is kind of a cult destination, although I think they might have thrown a change-up and closed last year.

I plan to get out that way this week with some friends who've never been :shock: and will try to find out. I'll post here if there's any news.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Re: restaurants open on Christmas Day?

by Andrew Mellman » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:45 pm

The new Chinese restaurant in Prospect (between Kroger and Bristol) advertises that they're open on Christmas (but closed Thanksgiving). Don't expect anything that special, and "glad rags" may be a tad much, but they're open!

We've found many to most Asian places are open, and an increasing number of family restaurants; the more deluxe places appear to stay closed.
Andrew Mellman