Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Want to write a negative review? Here's how ...

by Robin Garr » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:21 am

Want to write a negative review? Here's excellent advice on doing it with style and grace. What do you think? How would you do it?

Full article online:
https://medium.com/horrible-things/dear ... 08ac779853
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

Re: Want to write a negative review? Here's how ...

by RonnieD » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:50 pm

Yeah, I kinda get that, but this diatribe addresses a very specific kind of complaint and complainant. I don't think it captures a general audience of people who have something to legitimately complain about. This seems like the same kind of attention getting that it is trying to combat, honestly.

Are there people out there like this? Absolutely. No doubt, but I think it's a relatively narrow group and the majority of them are probably not going to pay attention to the message.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

DanB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:47 am

San Francisco

Re: Want to write a negative review? Here's how ...

by DanB » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:39 pm

I wish I could have written a review for that article. Because it's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on the internet. He's basically saying there's no room for critics on the internet. I rely heavily on internet critics when it comes to my dining Euros and I pay really close attention when honest, articulate critics with a good reputation say bad things about restaurants. It's all about separating the wheat from the chaff.