Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Cena Upcoming Dinners

no avatar
User

Allan R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:53 pm

Cena Upcoming Dinners

by Allan R » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:46 pm

Just wanted to give everyone a run down on the upcoming events for December and January at CENA

December 15, 2014
5-course Beer Dinner, menu will be released December 5,2014

December 18, 2014
$60 per guest
Feast of La Vigilia
1st Course
Snapper Crudo
2nd Course
Tuna Crostini
3rd Course
Lobster Pasta
4th Course
Babyb Octopus
5th Course
Sicilian Style Cod
6th Course
Cenamisu
7th Course
Chocolate Chip Pistachio Cannoli

December 31,2014
New Years Eve Dinner
$55 per guest
1st Course
Pancetta Wrapped Stuffed Dates
2nd Course
Cauliflower Bisque
or
Prosciutto & Pear Salad
3rd Course
Pasta Alla Aragosta
or
Steak Rossini
4th Course
Goat Cheese Flan
or
Pistachio Chocolate Torte

January 21 & 22 (limited seating $120 per guest)
And to cap off our series of dinner's we are setting up a New Cuban Revolution Dinner featuring Guest Chef's Douglas Rodrigues "The Godfather of Nuevo Latino Cooking", Reinaldo Alfonso from Alma de Cuba in Philadelphia, Chef Fernando Martinez of Ole Restaurant Group, and pastries will be made by Ole Restaurant Group Pastry Chef Christian Cobos. A modern interpretation of classic Cuban cuisine. The chefs will be creating a 6 course dinner on how the evolution of Cuban cuisine could of been. Chef Allan Rosenberg and Chef Yaniel Martinez will be collaborating also on this wonderful meal. Included in this great meal will be a wine, cocktail, and beer pairing created by Cristina Martinez and Rick Moir. A little teaser of some of the Chef's visions
Wild Boar Masas de Puerco, Manchego arina de maiz, pickled red onions, Cuban mojo powder, brussel sprout salad

Dessert
Cuban Chocolate Cigar, with edible matches, and café con leche ice cream
no avatar
User

Madeline Peters

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:15 pm

St Matthews

Re: Cena Upcoming Dinners

by Madeline Peters » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:44 pm

Oh my God! Count me in on the Cuban Meal. Growing up in my Cuban family I was constantly shocked with their use of canned products like asparagus. My dad would tell me the flavor note was important in his Arroz con Pollo, which to this day, I cannot bring myself to eat. I did love the pork in that wonderful, garlicky citrus sauce and his black beans. I have often wondered, if Cuba was free, how much the cuisine would have evolved. Here is a throw down. I don't know what this dish was called but it was made with plantains, rum, sugar and butter. Plantains were not available when we moved to the States in 1962 so they made that dish with bananas and it was GOOD!
no avatar
User

Fernando Martinez

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:53 pm

by Fernando Martinez » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:49 pm

The name of the dish is platano tentacion Madeline.

Every other cuisine in the world has evolved, cuban cuisine is stocked in the past for the lack of ingredients and everything else going on there. So this is our way to imagine the progression of Cuban Cuisine. It's an honor to have two great Cuban Chefs as guest.

Also do not miss the other two dinners, we are exited about this coming dinners and we'll love to see everybody there. Happy Holidays and New Years for everybody.
no avatar
User

Adam Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

by Adam Robinson » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:49 am

Allan R wrote:Just wanted to give everyone a run down on the upcoming events for December and January at CENA

December 18, 2014
$60 per guest
Feast of La Vigilia
1st Course
Snapper Crudo
2nd Course
Tuna Crostini
3rd Course
Lobster Pasta
4th Course
Babyb Octopus
5th Course
Sicilian Style Cod
6th Course
Cenamisu
7th Course
Chocolate Chip Pistachio Cannoli

That sounds incredible! Are there still seats available?
no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Camp Taylor aka Louisville's food desert

by Adam C » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:27 pm

Damn this sounds awesome.