Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Flat12 Bierwerks opening Saturday in Jeff

by Robin Garr » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:42 pm

News release:

Flat12 Bierwerks Arrives In Jeffersonville, Indiana
Grand Opening Celebration December 6

Flat12 Bierwerks has been hitting taps and shelves all over the Louisville area, and the fast-growing, Indianapolis-based craft brewery opened their second location November 22 in downtown Jeffersonville.

The December 6 Grand Opening Celebration held at the new riverside venue will include live music, selections from local food vendors, samples from the new Flat12 menu, and of course, pints of the new lineup of core beers plus an array of specialty beers. The event is 21+, open to the public, and FREE. Pints, growler fills, and food will be available for purchase.

About The Jeffersonville Flat12 Taproom
Situated in scenic downtown Jeffersonville just blocks away from the Big Four Bridge, the rustic, yet polished taproom features a bar with 32 taps, ample table seating, large-screen televisions for sporting events, and a spacious deck overlooking the Ohio River, outfitted with heaters and sidewalls for year-round use. With up-cycled keg pendant lights and reclaimed wooden walls offering a warm rustic feel, and contemporary touches giving it an industrial edge, the overall atmosphere is laid-back and inviting! “We saw the excitement building in Jeffersonville and we’re happy to be the newest member of the growing Kentuckiana community,” said Sean O’Connor, co-founder and president of Flat12.

The house beer list will feature current Flat12 favorites, unique brews such as Spirit Mover Saison, Joe Brahma Coffee Brown Ale, Kattenstoet Belgian Pale, as well as taproom-only offerings. "We wanted to make the Jeffersonville location truly unique by offering an exclusive lineup of beers. Look for a host of one-off beers on the rotating taps that will only be available at the Jeff taproom," said Rob Caputo, Director of Brewery Operations at Flat12.

About Flat12 Bierwerks
Established in 2010, Flat12 Bierwerks is a regional brewer of uncommonly distinct craft beer and an active participant in supporting community organizations that foster their shared values. The brewery distributes across Indiana, the Greater Cincinnati area, Louisville, and eastern and central Tennessee. The Jeffersonville taproom will be the second location for the brewery.

The regular taproom hours are Wednesdays and Thursdays 3-9:00 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays noon to 10 p.m. and Sunday noon to 8 p.m.

More on Flat12 at http://flat12.me/

Saturday, December 6, 2014
Grand Opening Celebration
Flat12 Bierwerks
130 W. Riverside Drive
Jeffersonville, IN 47130
Time: 11 a.m.- 10 p.m. / Free / 21+
http://flat12.me/brewery-happenings/fla ... e-indiana/
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Highlands

Re: Flat12 Bierwerks opening Saturday in Jeff

by Lonnie Turner » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:22 pm

Olive Leaf Bistro is gone? Always glad to hear of a new craft brew place, but I really liked OLB and this place is at their address.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:54 am

Lonnie Turner wrote:Olive Leaf Bistro is gone? Always glad to hear of a new craft brew place, but I really liked OLB and this place is at their address.

Good question! I don't have an answer, though. I assumed this was the place on the riverfront that has an upstairs patio? Can't think of the original occupant, although sadly I haven't gotten over to Olive Leaf Bistro. Didn't the CJ review it recently?
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:11 am

Totally guessing here, but (a) looking at an old Google street view what is now Olive Branch covered another small building next door (which is not part of Olive), and (b) when we were last there, there was extensive construction going on with that small building. I wonder if it's the next door building, but shares the address?
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:57 am

They co-habit side-by-side in the same building complex.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:16 pm

Shameless jug band plug - Louisville's own Juggernaut Jug Band is playing 4-6pm for the grand opening party!
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:18 pm

Heather L wrote:Shameless jug band plug - Louisville's own Juggernaut Jug Band is playing 4-6pm for the grand opening party!