Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Indian inside the Watterson?

User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

Indian inside the Watterson?

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:50 pm

It seems that most of the good Indian restaurants in Louisville - Dakshin, Clay Oven, Bombay Grill, and our favorite, Shalimar - are all outside the Watterson, well into the suburbs. Not that there's anything wrong with that; it's probably one of a few culinary advantages that outside-the-Watterson folks have in Louisville. But when I get a hankering for some takeout vindaloo, I really don't feel like driving all the way from Crescent Hill to the aforementioned places.

Other than Kashmir on Bardstown, are there any (decent) Indian places inside the Watterson? Particularly in the Highlands, Clifton, Crescent Hill, St.Matthews, etc.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Indian inside the Watterson?

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:26 pm

I wish! I liked Sitar, but it's gone. Do you count Little India in Hikes Point? It's just outside the Watterson. ;)
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Re: Indian inside the Watterson?

by James Natsis » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:35 pm

There's an Indian/Pakistani restaurant on 5th st downtown about a block north of Pesto's.
James J. Natsis