Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Diamond Station reopened - anyone been?

by Ron H » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:32 am

Gordon M Lowe wrote:Ok, that makes sense now, because there was a familiar looking guy in some sort of animal suit outside advertising the place. :)

That's Genie from the Disney movie Aladdin. Stopped by on Sunday to get a bite; really solid food, nice big gyros, but their Zeus's Fries aren't the same as Zaytun's old Tribal Fries.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
User

Gordon M Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 am

German-Paristown and Highgate Springs

by Gordon M Lowe » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:46 am

Ron H wrote:
Gordon M Lowe wrote:Ok, that makes sense now, because there was a familiar looking guy in some sort of animal suit outside advertising the place. :)

That's Genie from the Disney movie Aladdin. Stopped by on Sunday to get a bite; really solid food, nice big gyros, but their Zeus's Fries aren't the same as Zaytun's old Tribal Fries.

I didn't know genies like pitas. :wink:
no avatar
User

James Tyler

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:29 pm

by James Tyler » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:01 pm

I would like to thank Robin for allowing me to post this... I reopened Diamond Station about 5 weeks ago. Many of my friends who ate at Joe Davola's have asked me to bring back some of my sandwich and salads that we served at Davola's. I have decided to open Diamond Station for lunch everyday and have brought back some of the soups, salads and wraps that we served there.
If you are near the Douglass Loop, stop by for lunch. We are still open till 4am everyday as well.
Previous