Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

The season.....

User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

The season.....

by Bill Veneman » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:51 am

It is about this time of year that one of us die-hard foodies makes the requisite post;

Peace, safety, wonderful food, family and friends!

From the Villa on the Green, both 2 and 4-legged members, we send you all blessings of the day, and enjoy the indulgences that go with it!

Now, where to plan my post meal nap.........????????? :mrgreen:
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: The season.....

by Robin Garr » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:21 pm

A very happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Bill and all our forum friends! May everyone's holiday be joyous and full of both love and good things to eat and drink.

So, what's everyone planning to eat for the holiday feast? We're going to TWO dinners, one at St Matthew's Episcopal and one with friends who welcome a couple of wandering orphans on the holiday, so I should be well-fed. And I'm bringing the wine, so there's that. :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:25 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
So, what's everyone planning to eat for the holiday feast? :

Cooking two turduckens . . . my first and last! Now I know why they are so expensive - it's all labor costs.

IMAG0865 edited and resized.jpg
(152.58 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:31 pm

Bill Veneman wrote:It is about this time of year that one of us die-hard foodies makes the requisite post;

Peace, safety, wonderful food, family and friends!

From the Villa on the Green, both 2 and 4-legged members, we send you all blessings of the day, and enjoy the indulgences that go with it!

Now, where to plan my post meal nap.........????????? :mrgreen:

Thank you, and to you also!
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Susanne Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:55 pm

by Susanne Smith » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:45 am

Happy Thanksgiving from all the folks at Shady Lane Cafe. Hope we all get along, say good graces, drink responsibly, enjoy good food, even my Daughters,Tofurky! For years I cooked the whole shebang for about 30 or so. After re-entering the restaurant game, I now bum meals from here and there. I make a little breast w/the fixings for leftovers at home and count my blessings like Midas counted gold. I have so much to be thankful for. Peace to us all. Love, Bill and Susi.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:55 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!! I will be having the usual feast with my 2nd Platoon family on duty today. A veritable treasure trove of goodies will assemble themselves and then we will fall upon them as ravenous beasts are wont to do. 27 of us all along the watchtower today keeping an eye out for you all. So sit a little straighter, be a little kinder, hug a little tighter and be generous of spirit as we all have many things to be thankful for as I'm grateful for each and every one of you.
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:02 am

Nurture the true spirit of Thanksgiving, take today to reflect on things for which you are grateful as you gather witih friends and family. Happy Thanksgiving y'all!
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:15 pm

I had to share this. :lol:

User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:08 pm

Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday feast! Today is a day to enjoy food and family while relaxing to get ready for the hectic pace of the next month! We pity the people who work for greedy retailers who are opening today in hopes of making an extra $!

That Turducken actually looks good Andrew although it certainly does look like a lot of work like you said. Ed, we hope and pray that you guys have a quiet evening at work so that as many of our protectors as possible can have a relaxing day and get to enjoy their dinners.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:17 pm

I am late posting, never the less...

I enjoyed a fine dinner at Science Hill with my ex-husband's latest ex-wife (they have no family in town) and her son (sans ex). We had a wonderful time!
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson