Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

3rd shift food options

no avatar
User

Gordon M Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 am

German-Paristown and Highgate Springs

3rd shift food options

by Gordon M Lowe » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:13 pm

I work from 11 pm until 7 am. With the notable exception of Spinelli's, there are no places to order food if you're a 3rd shift worker or hotel guest in downtown Louisville. If I had the money, I'd open a night-time, delivery-only Chinese restaurant, but I really think the Overnight is a generally overlooked category in dining, and any good food would be very welcomed. :)
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: 3rd shift food options

by Mark R. » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:20 pm

This is a normal situation in most areas. They're just really isn't enough demand for food services during the overnight hours to make it profitable for a restaurant to provide services during that time. Most people who were faced with that situation just do the old "Brown Bag" meal thing and take their food with them when they go to work.

Some major hotels have 24 hour room service, I wonder if one of them could provide you with something "To Go" during the overnight hours? It certainly would be worth asking. Also, I believe the hospitals have some type of food service available around the clock.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Gordon M Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 am

German-Paristown and Highgate Springs

Re: 3rd shift food options

by Gordon M Lowe » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:27 pm

I think there is enough demand for delivery, especially if advertised. It's more of a business idea than a need for me. I just think there is a niche worthy of exploring.