Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

Speaking of chains, Robin...Seasons 52

by Linda C » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:16 pm

We visited Seasons 52 in Boca, not knowing it was a chain, lol. Call me a snob, but I will always support Indies. It was slammed, but we were seated immediately (Open Table) and service was terrific. Their concept is to serve a seasonal menu with the freshest ingredients and nothing on the menu is over 475 calories. I had scallops, which were delicious and my husband had salmon, which was overcooked. Of course, that happens easily when a place is very busy. In 16 years, I've never seen him send food back, but this time he did. They were extremely nice about it, and his second order was delicious. They had a very good wine selection. My favorite part, however, was the dessert shooters. Tiny desserts in oversized shot glasses, I wish I could have had all of them.
It wasn't cheap, but it seemed very popular. I know they have one in Cinci, I am surprised one hasn't popped up here. Maybe there's too much great competition?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Speaking of chains, Robin...Seasons 52

by Robin Garr » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:19 pm

Linda, thanks for the report. Boca is sounding mighty good right now, by the way!

I have not heard of Seasons 52, but based on your report, I would sure give it a try!
User

John Greenup

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Oldham County

by John Greenup » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:09 pm

Seasons 52 also has a location on the north side of Indianapolis (Keystone)...friends frequent the one in Orlando, and rave about it.
"I want to go where the hand of man has never set foot."

-- Samuel Goldwyn
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:38 pm

I'm not anti-chain, but we weren't all that impressed. It's a Darden "concept" chain. The idea is interesting (nothing over 475 calories), but if one has an appetizer or salad, a main dish, and a drink, one is at 1425 calories and (depending on what specifically you ordered) hungry; it seems to lessen the appeal somehow! If you want one of those shooters for dessert, most of those were in the mid-400's also, bringing the meal calories up to around 1900.

(Maybe no one but me actually adds up the calories in each of the various courses - very likely)
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:49 pm

Doggone,I didn't know they were Darden oh well,it really was a good meal, several people told us about it, and the experience was good. I would go back and eat 20,000 calories worth of dessert shooters and nothing else!