Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Ian Hall

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:56 am

Caribbean Holiday Dinner @ The Exchange pub & kitchen

by Ian Hall » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:57 am

For Immediate Release
Tel.: 812.948.6501
Email: ian@exchangeforfood.com

The Exchange pub + kitchen to host Caribbean Holiday Dinner
New Albany, IN (November 17,2014)
The winter is upon us, which means Chef Joe Smith is ready to make his annual trek back to the Caribbean islands to cook for the winter season. Joe has been a integral part of the kitchen crew at The Exchange pub & kitchen for quite some time now. This past summer he opened his own seasonal restaurant, Garden Table Market, which is located in Salem, IN. After a successful summer and fall season, he has decided to travel back to the Caribbean to help some friends with their restaurant. Joe will be missed as part of the team at The Exchange this winter, but they hope to see him again in the spring. So this is a send off dinner to Chef Joe, and thank you if you will from the team at The Exchange. They thought it would be cool to let Chef Joe showcase his talents in a little different format than what is typically done at The Exchange. Chef Joe will be recreating an authentic Caribbean holiday dinner featuring components from both land and sea. Most holidays there are spent with family camping on the beach. Meals can range from the simplest fresh harvest from the sea to large tables filled with the most elaborate dishes the region has to offer. This menu is a slightly dressed up version of what might be considered a "peasant feast" utilizing items that are readily available locally & abundantly there this time of year. Tickets are available by calling The Exchange pub & kitchen. @ 812-948-6501. There will be 2 seatings for the evening, at 5:30 pm, then again at 7:30 pm.

Limited amount of tickets available. 
$55 per person/$65 per person with beverage pairing 

See the menu below...

Caribbean Holiday Wine Dinner @ The Stables above The Exchange. 

On the Beach…..
Mahi ceviche served over jicama-daikon slaw & garnished with a garlic-cilantro sophrito.

Optional Beverage Pairings 
Passion Fruit Classic Daiquiri / Graziano Chenin Blanc, Mendocino California

At the Table….
Viequen stewed pork served over coconut-basmati and a three bean ragout. Finished with butter-shallot sea beans & fried thyme sprigs.

Zacapa Rum Sour / Orogeny Pinot Noir, Sonoma California

Under the Stars…..
Caramelized plantain nestled in a rich blackstrap cream w/ guava syrup and freshly grated nutmeg.

Traditional Cruzan Coquito / Steele Black Bubbles Syrah, Lake County California

To make reservations for Chef Joe's Caribbean Thanksgiving Dinner, please call The Exchange at 812.948.6501 or send an email to info@exchageforfood.com.
no avatar
User

Ian Hall

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:56 am

Re: Caribbean Holiday Dinner @ The Exchange pub & kitchen

by Ian Hall » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:27 pm

There are just a few tables left for Monday's night Caribbean Holiday Dinner. Call us @ 812-948-6501 to reserve your spot for Monday night. Hope to see you here. Ian
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

Re: Caribbean Holiday Dinner @ The Exchange pub & kitchen

by Stephen D » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Personally, I love this menu.

The cuisine, concept, design and especially the idea of dual pairings between cocktails and wines.

Well done.

PS. I will also say that in Orlando, I would spend my Thanksgivings at my friend's family home. They were from Guyana. It was a beautiful spread produced by an immigrant family that had done quite well for themselves. For one day of the year, Leon and Larry's Mom became my surrogate Mom. Pepperpot soup and Bob Marley with a well-chosen Burgundy. That's one of my favorite memories.