Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Dundee Gastropub

by SilvioM » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:58 pm

http://insiderlouisville.com/business/mbb-33/

Good news, imo. It's a good neighborhood spot, nice screens and beer, but the food is definitely lacking. Good luck to the new owners.
User

Doug Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 pm

The Highlands

Re: Dundee Gastropub

by Doug Davis » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:14 pm

Silvio,

I wholeheartedly agree.

From the article:
"They pull a lot of stuff out of the box at the moment, and Chris is not going to do that."

Thank goodness. We have friends who loved the place but after trying to eat there twice I would have never returned. If I wanted warmed up frozen food from Sysco, I could do that at home.....and I wouldn't because its disgusting. Glad to hear they are raising the bar.
I eat, therefore I am.
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

by Alanna H » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:31 pm

I'm happy to hear this. We tried the Tavern just once, and couldn't force ourselves to find a reason to go back.
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Highlands

by Lonnie Turner » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:34 pm

My wife and I had a late lunch there during the week. I'd eaten at the old "Tavern" and it was OK bar chow. I was expecting something on a higher order given the rechristening. To say I was not disappointed is an understatement.
Diane had the SOD, beer cheese & bacon, as well as the ham & cheese plate app. I had the turkey with fig jam panini and the bean & ham soup with cornbread. That meal was really, really good!
If you poke around you can find a good portion of the menu in a photo on Urbanspoon, but apart from that (and a couple of comments on other blogs) they have no Web presence. Staff seemed to believe they did when I called last week asking about it but this is not the case. A staffer said they were on FB but Google can't find it and the only link to what is supposed to be their FB page is on Urbanspoon. This returns a message from FB "This content is currently unavailable". I called the place to notify management four or five days ago and a staffer said he'd let the owner know, but as of right now (just checked) there's the same error message.
The kitchen is doing a much better job than whoever is in charge of maintaining the way customers find out about restaurants in the 21st century.
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

by Robin F. » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:51 pm

I follow them on FB and the page is fully operational. It's under The Dundee Gastropub.
User

Doug Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 pm

The Highlands

by Doug Davis » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:54 pm

Lonnie Turner wrote: A staffer said they were on FB but Google can't find it and the only link to what is supposed to be their FB page is on Urbanspoon. This returns a message from FB "This content is currently unavailable".

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Dund ... 7120196190
I eat, therefore I am.
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Lonnie Turner » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:01 pm

Robin F. wrote:I follow them on FB and the page is fully operational. It's under The Dundee Gastropub.

Here's what comes up when searching on the string "the dundee gastropub facebook". I looked through the fifth page of returns and no FB option. Is it deeper than five pages? I'd love to find it.
Attachments
GoogleFor Dundee.jpg
(175.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Lonnie Turner » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:04 pm

Doug Davis wrote:
Lonnie Turner wrote: A staffer said they were on FB but Google can't find it and the only link to what is supposed to be their FB page is on Urbanspoon. This returns a message from FB "This content is currently unavailable".

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Dund ... 7120196190

Clicking on the link Doug provided yields the same error I get from the Urbanspoon link. See attached screen cap.
I get the identical screen using Firefox & Chrome on both a PC and a Mac. My Android tablet & phone take me to a sign on screen for FB but since I don't have a FB account and don't recall seeing another business where that was a requirement to see their advertising(!), no way I'm setting one up just to see if I get something besides an error that way. No trouble getting on any other restaurant FB page except this one.
Attachments
Dundee FB Error.jpg
(112.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:53 pm

Lonnie Turner wrote:Clicking on the link Doug provided yields the same error I get from the Urbanspoon link. See attached screen cap.
I get the identical screen using Firefox & Chrome on both a PC and a Mac. My Android tablet & phone take me to a sign on screen for FB but since I don't have a FB account and don't recall seeing another business where that was a requirement to see their advertising(!), no way I'm setting one up just to see if I get something besides an error that way. No trouble getting on any other restaurant FB page except this one.

Lonnie, it's showing up fine for me via Chrome on my iMac with OS X Yosemite. Very odd!
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

by Alanna H » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:20 pm

Works for me on Chrome, and their menu looks delicious! We'll definitely have to get down there and check them out soon!
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Lonnie Turner » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:40 pm

Never saw anything like this before. Tried the Linux Mint laptop & my wife's Windows laptop. Same thing. Tried disabling Wifi & going with wireless phone carrier data on the Verizon tablet & the AT&T phone but they both still require a FB sign on to do anything. My wife used her phone to click on the link provided in a previous post, dusted off the old FB sign-on she never uses at the prompt and she was able to access it. For some reason this is the single site the universe does not want me to be able to access by any means.
In any case, they are really ratcheting up the competition at the Douglas Loop. I like the fare at Monkey Wrench a lot but for next NFL season I'll have to put Dundee Gastropub in the Sunday rotation.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:34 pm

It also comes up fine for me using Windows 7x64 and IE 11. Strange that you're having problems, who is your ISP?
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Lonnie Turner » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:48 pm

Mark R. wrote:It also comes up fine for me using Windows 7x64 and IE 11. Strange that you're having problems, who is your ISP?

TWC, though if that's the problem I'm sure it'll be right as rain with Comcast. :lol:
I'll take a laptop to a place with free Wifi and try that out. Your question points out the next thought in my mind, given the multiple machines & OS's I've tried with different setups, settings, firewall & AV configurations.
no avatar
User

Susanne Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:55 pm

by Susanne Smith » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:26 am

It was always a fun spot to catch a game. They had decent bar food and good, polite service. Best to the new owners and kudos for kicking up the menu a notch or two.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:07 pm

Wondering if the folks that are getting the FB page with no problems have activated their "keep me logged in" on their FB page. I cannot get onto their page without logging into FB either.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
Next