Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Vietnam Kitchen

no avatar
User

Marie Coma

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:55 pm

by Marie Coma » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:01 pm

Vietnam Kitchen is soooooo good! If you want spicy, definitely either K8 or the green curry. And make sure you start with a cup of the hot and sour soup---the best I've had. I dream about that stuff.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:11 pm

When the hubby was sick over the weekend, I suggested we go to VK. What do you know, he felt better the next day. Not only is the food excellent, it has curative properties, too. I'm quite sure of it! :lol:
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:13 pm

Michelle, that is sort of my plan. I've been fighting a cold all week and I want to sweat it out of me!
no avatar
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

by Jeremy J » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:16 pm

I love the mu-shu vegetables with mock duck....mmmmmmmmmmmmm extra spicy!
no avatar
User

Steve Magruder

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am

Louisville, KY - Iroquois/Auburndale area

by Steve Magruder » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:22 pm

OK, I'm getting K8 next time... heck, with all these glowing reviews, and my love of hot stuff, I have to get it! I also heartily recommend VK's hot and sour soup -- I think it's the best soup of that kind I've ever had.
Steve Magruder
Metro Foodist
no avatar
User

Richard Rush

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:36 am

by Richard Rush » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:14 pm

Amy: Add me to the list of peeps who have never been to VK either. I need to remedy that soon!
no avatar
User

Rob_DeLessio

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:25 pm

by Rob_DeLessio » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:24 am

Quite simply a diamond in the rough, in every sense of the word...I have never had a bad experience their, but with it in the south end, and I reside in the Far East ( no pun intended ) . . .it can, generally, only be a lunch option for me.
no avatar
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:54 am

Alright! We went tonight. The food was absolutely tasty! I tried the k8 and the flavor was to die for....however....it wasn't even remotely spicy. Very, very flavorful, but spicy, nope. So I added about four heaping tablespoons of the chili paste on the table to it. Which changed the flavor of the dish. I have come to the conclusion that there isn't anything hot enough in the city to satiate my desire for spicy!

I do look forward to polishing off my leftovers tomorrow. Thanks for the recommendation.
Previous