Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

CJ on Coach Lamp: Do the words match the stars?

by Robin Garr » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:45 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I thought this read more like a two-star review than the three stars that it received in the print edition.
http://www.courier-journal.com/story/en ... r.it%27%5D

I said pretty much the same thing when I "cheated" and slipped in there during the gap between Robert Irvine's visit and the show being on cable. I pretty much agreed with the gist of Ms Miller's review, but with the three-star rating, not so much.
http://www.louisvillehotbytes.com/food- ... od-network
no avatar
User

Matt C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:21 pm

clifton

Re: CJ on Coach Lamp: Do the words match the stars?

by Matt C » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:17 pm

Thought the same thing Robin that the stars were to high for what she writes in her ? I also ate there after make over and wasn't super impressed w food it was good but not great and on the show when he said we dont eat veal in Louisville like we woudnt know what it is pissed me off :twisted: :twisted:
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

by Will Crawford » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:19 pm

Her attempts at cleverness annoy the poop out of me.
Will Crawford
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:41 pm

Will Crawford wrote:Her attempts at cleverness

How exactly do you detect them? Is there an app?
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:34 pm

As you both said the rating doesn't seem to reflect the text of the article. At least for once she didn't make any unnecessary comments about the décor of the restaurant. I also agree that her attempts to be clever mostly fell flat.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Doug Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 pm

The Highlands

by Doug Davis » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:21 pm

We ate there after the "make over" and had some serious problems with our food. My wife's fried chicken was raw inside, which is a fairly rookie cooking mistake. And we ordered the deviled egg appetizer, they had run out of one of the meats they were topping them with and substituted with plain canned tuna fish without telling us. I explained to the chef and waitress, "You know if I had a seafood allergy you would have just put me in the hospital or killed me right?"

The daughter and the new PR person they hired swore that if we came back they would make it up to us and "take care" of us. So about a month later we stopped in one more time. Neither the dad, the daughter or the PR person was there. We explained to the mom, who was running front of house that evening that we had been told we would be taken care of due to problems last time.
Not only were we not "take care of" but the kitchen created whole new problems. I was emailed and told the mom wasnt really on the ball and didnt know what she was doing, and if we came in a third time everything would be great.

No. Sorry. If the mom doesnt know whats shes doing she shouldnt be left alone in charge of the restaurant. We wont ever set foot in there again.
I eat, therefore I am.