Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Aspen Creek

no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Aspen Creek

by JustinHammond » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:12 pm

Aspen Creek has posted a sign on the old Fox and Hound/ Chammps building.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Re: Aspen Creek

by James Natsis » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:49 pm

There is an Aspen Creek across the street from Glenmary about 1 mile south of the Snyder on Bardstown Rd. I only ate there once, but found it pretty good. I had a beer at the bar there on another occasion. It is always busy and it has a nice, warm feel and look to it. It kind of reminds me of Buckheads.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

TracyBasham

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:58 pm

Brandenburg, Ky

by TracyBasham » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:38 pm

I saw the sign yesterday while on my way to the mall. Ive eaten at the one on Bardstown a few times. Nothing spectacular (along the lines of Cheddar's) but the service at that location is always top-notch.
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:56 pm

TracyBasham wrote: (along the lines of Cheddar's)

That says a ton. Cheddar's is an abomination.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:53 pm

To better qualify my previous post my reference to Buckheads was more along the lines of exterior appearance. But now that Cheddars was mentioned that may be a better general comparison.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:51 am

JustinHammond wrote:That says a ton. Cheddar's is an abomination.

I always thought Aspen Creek was a Cheddar's clone, but I'd disagree with the characterization. Cheddar's food isn't bad for the price point. The Monte Cristo is one of the best I've ever had. They do a good job of serving the market they're going after.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:32 am

Richard S. wrote:They do a good job of serving the market they're going after.

I can't disagree with that! It is always jammed, with lines. When it first came to town, i went three times, trying to figure out the appeal, and finally had to conclude that I'm just not the market they're going after.

But, I hasten to add, that's all right. Choices are good! :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Jason G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:18 pm

by Jason G » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:38 am

I agree Cheddars is good for the price point. Only been a few times, I found the food acceptable. To say its an abomination is kind of harsh IMO.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:57 am

James Natsis wrote:To better qualify my previous post my reference to Buckheads was more along the lines of exterior appearance. But now that Cheddars was mentioned that may be a better general comparison.

If I'm not mistaken the guy behind Aspen Creek is connected to Buckheads, which may explain that.

I always though Cheddar's was what Shoney's could have been.
no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

by Bryan Shepherd » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:28 pm

Richard S. wrote:
James Natsis wrote:To better qualify my previous post my reference to Buckheads was more along the lines of exterior appearance. But now that Cheddars was mentioned that may be a better general comparison.

If I'm not mistaken the guy behind Aspen Creek is connected to Buckheads, which may explain that.

I always though Cheddar's was what Shoney's could have been.

You are correct. Kent Taylor has his hands all over this. He has done a pretty nice job with his main venture, Texas Roadhouse. He founded Buckhead's many years ago, which may help explain why Aspen Creek has the "Colorado mountain" feel....
BShep
no avatar
User

CrisBanaszynski

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:39 pm

119 Saint Matthews Avenue

by CrisBanaszynski » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:55 pm

That spot is cursed...seriously. Fox and Hound was a great concept and it worked for a while until they changed it to a late night dance club. I never made it to what it became after that, nor do I even remember what it was because it was gone so soon. Ingress/egress in that location is impossible and the overhead is awful.
Never trust a skinny chef...or a fat vegan