Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

ah the French

no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

ah the French

by John R. » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:10 pm

So I was reading the hilarious thread about sitting too long at a table and my experiences in France came to mind. To make it short, I was at a cafe in Paris and sat there for 5 hours with friends having a good time. Get this though, they were packed out and waiting. When we were going to get up about 2 and a half hours into it the manager rushed over and wondered if something was wrong, insisted that we sit down and enjoy ourselves by giving us drinks and desserts on the house. Now that was something
Im not a food"ie", I am a food"er".
no avatar
User

Gretchen D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:18 pm

the Highlands

by Gretchen D. » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:10 pm

I love long dinners. My dad is Austrian, so I grew up having long dinners on special occasions. It is a pet peeve of mine if I feel rushed at a restaurant...I HATE it if they bring food out before I am done with what I have on my plate. I want time in between courses with nothing except my wine, so that my food can digest some. Your experience in Paris sounds amazing!
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:38 am

I love how, in France, you have to beg for the check so you can get up and leave.