Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

WendyKeenan

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: Irish Rover Owner threatens over bad food

by WendyKeenan » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:13 pm

I have been dining at The Rover at least 4 times per year since it opened, and I have NEVER had a bad meal there! Whether I've ordered the standard fair on the menu or the fresh catch special, the food has always been delicious, and with excellent service to boot! I love the Scotch Eggs and the Smoked Salmon Portabella, and I always have to decide whether to order one of my beloved appetizers or forego them to save room for the world's best Flourless Guiness Chocolate Cake. It is one of The Best Chocolate Things Ever!

I'm making myself hungry just thinking about having a meal there, so I'm going to have to drop by in the next week or so. Since it's cold weather, I hope the Spiced Rum Cider is back! See you very soon!

I'll be looking forward to the usual great service from the wait staff and hope to see Michael's smiling face and hear his laughter. I can't say enough about what a genuinely warm and kind person he is. He even took the time to help two of my family members plan their trip to Ireland. I've never met Siobahn, but I'm sure she is as lovely a person as Michael.

Anyone who reads this woman's review, please weigh it against all of the wonderful comments here, then go to The Irish Rover and see for yourself. You will be glad you did!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:26 am

Hey, folks! Since this played out over on Facebook but not here, I thought I'd let everyone know that Ms Martinez did respond to my query and popped up in two threads on my FB wall. There was a bit of repetition first, and some pushback, but she did prove to be a bit more than a drive-by shooter, and I feel that it's ending well.

Here are links to two threads. Some folks who posted nasties seem to have deleted them once things calmed down (I only deleted one post, with disclosure), so it's not as colorful as it was last night. :mrgreen: )

But if you're on Facebook and want more dinner-and-a-show, here are the links. If you can't see them because of privacy settings (they should be public, though), feel free to send me a friend request if we're not connected already.

https://www.facebook.com/robin.garr/pos ... 4438833552

https://www.facebook.com/robin.garr/pos ... 6670049331
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:53 pm

Holy cow, Robin. I'm not aware of which post(s) you removed, but I can only imagine the scope of it/them. Thanks for sharing the link.
no avatar
User

JeanetteMartinez

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:46 am

by JeanetteMartinez » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:30 pm

This is Jeanette Martinez I am tired of having my name drug through mud. I have contacted my attorney and will take legal action if the harassment doesn't start. Stop directing people to my page, quit talking about me. I am private person and a woman who has been through a tragedy, trying to heal herself and am trying the best I can while helping. All I did was take up for myself and speak the truth. No one heard my side just the later. I am at this point being terrorized. If this continues I will press charges.
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

by Steve H » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:18 pm

JeanetteMartinez wrote:This is Jeanette Martinez I am tired of having my name drug through mud. I have contacted my attorney and will take legal action if the harassment doesn't start. Stop directing people to my page, quit talking about me. I am private person and a woman who has been through a tragedy, trying to heal herself and am trying the best I can while helping. All I did was take up for myself and speak the truth. No one heard my side just the later. I am at this point being terrorized. If this continues I will press charges.

:lol:

Are you new to this Internet thing?
no avatar
User

AliciaWilder

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:24 am

by AliciaWilder » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:21 pm

"I will take legal action if the harassment doesn't start."

Wait - does she want us to stop or start? I'm new to the forum and may be confused.

I'm not sure why a "private" person would post on a public forum. Whether we agree with the opinions and comments, they are still valid opinions. You take the good with the bad.
no avatar
User

CrisBanaszynski

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:39 pm

119 Saint Matthews Avenue

by CrisBanaszynski » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:36 pm

I don't think you should take the coward's way out. You tried to destroy some nice people on the web and you failed. It's over. Take your twisted panties and your bonnet buzzing with bees and accept the fact that you lost. I read what you wrote and I am sure you are a very inspirational person but this is a PUBLIC FORUM and if you don't like what you see change the channel. I don't care what you think of me or anyone else on this site, only the restaurant community at large and guess what? This happens to be part of that community. You lost, pack it up and stop threatening people with legal action which you probably can't afford any way. You do know the cost of taking something like this to the courts, don't you? Go ahead and marinate on that for a minute.
Never trust a skinny chef...or a fat vegan
User

Doug Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 pm

The Highlands

by Doug Davis » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:09 pm

Steve H wrote:
JeanetteMartinez wrote:This is Jeanette Martinez I am tired of having my name drug through mud. I have contacted my attorney and will take legal action if the harassment doesn't start. Stop directing people to my page, quit talking about me. I am private person and a woman who has been through a tragedy, trying to heal herself and am trying the best I can while helping. All I did was take up for myself and speak the truth. No one heard my side just the later. I am at this point being terrorized. If this continues I will press charges.

:lol:

Are you new to this Internet thing?

+1 :lol: Yeah I dont think she understands how the whole public forum thing works, or how Facebook works for that matter.

On the flipside though, having witnessed many an internet lynchmob if people are private messaging her nasty messages through Facebook then they need to grow up and stop.

The one thread she and another posted Kerry Evans were actually participating in, really got me thinking maybe there was something to her complaint. She was winning me over.

And then she went and posted:
"If you do not keep my name out of your mouth and off your pages and forum i will take legal action for harassment immediately."

I can only assume she meant the facebook thread that she herself was participating in? In which case its not harassment.
Last edited by Doug Davis on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I eat, therefore I am.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:13 pm

Doug Davis wrote:if people are private messaging her nasty messages through Facebook then they need to grow up and stop.

Yes. I hadn't even thought of such an idea, but if anybody is doing it, stop it. Stop it now. Flexy may be loud in her expression of her opinions, but she was brave enough to come back here on Facebok and the forum to respond. That means something.

Now, can this be over, please? Let's talk about Rumplings! And 8Up! And other good stuff. 8)
no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Camp Taylor aka Louisville's food desert

by Adam C » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:30 pm

no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:09 pm

(content muted by moderator)
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:48 pm

CarlMoore wrote:I hope Linda in banned for a period of time by Robin. Her comments were hateful and inappropriate.

Carl, I really don't think making negative comments about a restaurant like Linda did should get her banned. She expressed her feelings about the incident and everybody should have the option to do that. Whether or not people here are in agreement with your opinion or if it's truly factual are kind of a moot point, the fact is that's how she felt about the incident and that isn't going to change. I agree that she was argumentative with her second comment but if people were truly sending her negative comments on her Facebook page I can see why she responded like that.

Hopefully she will come back soon and give some positive feedback about some of her experiences.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:09 pm

Let's let this one die, folks. Keep on moving, nothing to see here ... no more posts, please!

I don't like locking threads and deleting posts and such, unless they really cross a line. But c'mon! All the flavor is chewed out of this one. Let's move on, please.
Previous