Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

City makes top 13 food towns list, but ...

by Robin Garr » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:01 am

The good news is that we made the list of "The 13 Greatest Destination Food Towns In America.

The bad news is that it's a clickbait story, and the piece on Louisville makes almost no sense. It highlights the city with a pic of the old Twig & Leaf sign, and it names only Harvest and Mayan Cafe as stellar eateries, along with a song of praise to the Hot Brown. Then it puts the icing on the cake by linking to reports on Snide Louisville, deceased of self-inflicted wounds. :mrgreen:

Louisville, Kentucky
If you thought bourbon, you're right -- you'll find bourbon slushies, bourbon cocktails and straight-up libations in and around the famous Bourbon Trail, which makes it easy to soak up culture and beverages at the same time. Old Seelbach Bar, which was once a frequent haunt for F. Scott Fitzgerald, has a slew of rare bourbons... but don't worry, Louisville offers farm-to-table entrees, Mayan-inspired dishes and ooey, gooey Hot Brown sandwiches too.

See all 13 on Huffington Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/3 ... 54716.html
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

Re: City makes top 13 food towns list, but ...

by RonnieD » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:13 am

Despite the nature of the source, I consider this to be a feather in the city's cap. When you start making the slurry of click bait robo-articles, then you are solidly placed in the category "food town." Therefore anytime a computer algorithm wants to generate a nonsense list that in some way, shape, or form includes the tags "food" and "town" our city will be pulled from that pool and injected in to the mix.

It's like the old days when you did whatever you could to get your small town included in the travel brochures no matter who was printing them.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: City makes top 13 food towns list, but ...

by Robin Garr » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:05 pm

RonnieD wrote:It's like the old days when you did whatever you could to get your small town included in the travel brochures no matter who was printing them.

Good point. I guess my position is that (1) it's a really crappy article, and (2) I'm still glad we made the list. :mrgreen: