Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

New Aldi and a couple of other...

by Christina Firriolo » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:14 pm

things are coming to the Springhurst/Westport Road area. The big building in front of what used to be a golf course (and across the street from the Springhurst shops) is going to be an Aldi. (according to 41 news)

They said they are also going to put in another McDonalds and a "boutique" hotel in that same area.

Not very exciting, but I've been wondering what they're putting there.
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: New Aldi and a couple of other...

by Mark R. » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:22 pm

Nice of WDRB 41 news to catch up! That Aldi was announced over a year ago, the hotel was announced soon after and the McDonald's was announced about six months ago. It took them forever to get the fill dirt for that site put into place (it probably was raised 40' +/-) there's not enough room on that pad to put both the McDonald's and the hotel, I wonder if one of them is going to go the other side of the entrance road to Indian Springs? It's also looking like it's going to be about the biggest Aldi I've ever seen.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:44 pm

Dying for the Aldi. Tired of making the trek to the other ones. Us po' folks gotta eat too
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:26 pm

Have you paid any attention to where the entrance will be? That stretch on Westport is getting worse and worse and while I live a mile away, I'm beginning to abhor travelling it. From a traffic perspective I'm hoping the entrance in not on Westport, but really feel for the Indian Springs folks if the entrance is in their nice subdivision.

Hotel or other facility is supposed to go on the opposite/east side of the entrance: http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/p ... l?page=all

The fact that the land was restricted against commercial use, then pushed thru against the residents already has me feeling really bad for them.
Deb
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:29 pm

Deb Hall wrote:
The fact that the land was restricted against commercial use, then pushed thru against the residents already has me feeling really bad for them.
Deb

The residents voted last year to close the golf course, close the clubhouse, and close the restaurant (good sandwiches!), and I believe open the front to development. While our friends who live there were against these changes, the facilities ran at a loss, and the residents as a whole voted, so don't feel too bad for them!
Andrew Mellman
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:13 pm

Andrew Mellman wrote:
Deb Hall wrote:
Deb

The residents voted last year to close the golf course, close the clubhouse, and close the restaurant (good sandwiches!), and I believe open the front to development. While our friends who live there were against these changes, the facilities ran a loss, and the residents as a whole voted, so don't feel too bad for them!

Actually, the residents were given much of a choice! The former owners of the golf course gave it up basically and according to the original agreement when the course was built they had to sell it to the homeowners. The homeowners bought it for one dollar! The former owners/managers of the golf course are the ones who worked the deal for the Aldi and I believe for the hotel and got the profits from that sale. The only part of the deal that the homeowners got in on was the one for the McDonald's. The homeowners in the neighborhood basically has a shaft put to them, they lost the golf course yet have to keep the area mowed. There homeowners fees are going up significantly because of this.

no avatar
User

Jenny H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:14 pm

by Jenny H » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:07 pm

Anyone know what is being buit behind the Paddock Shops behind the office supply store? It is right next to the exit ramp off the Snyder. It is an odd location to me.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:13 pm

Jenny H wrote:Anyone know what is being buit behind the Paddock Shops behind the office supply store? It is right next to the exit ramp off the Snyder. It is an odd location to me.

I haven't seen anything official but by the looks of it I'm betting it's going to be another hotel. There the Hilton right next to that and it's convenient to the interstate.