Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Need your advice again....

by Robin Garr » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:18 pm

Steve Kluesner wrote:2 more days....can't wait to get back to the 'ville.

no avatar
User

Steve Kluesner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:37 pm

So. Indiana

Re: Need your advice again....

by Steve Kluesner » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:20 pm

Grind Burger Kitchen......I like the simple concept......our burgers were great and we like the atmosphere of the location.

Banh Mi Hero.....We really enjoyed the food here.....we tried a variety of things and they were all delicious. Not much of a crowd for a Saturday which we thought was strange. A few months back we stopped by and no one was there so we went to Cafe Lou Lou across the street.

Hillbilly Tea.....We had mix feelings going in to this place.....my expectations were way off....the Tea was ok but not what I was thinking....thought there would be more offerings of iced tea than 2 but the food more than compensated....very good food.

Mussels & Burger Bar - The calimari was one of best I have ever had.....same with the mussels. The burgers were spot on and delicious. The service was top notch as well.

On Sunday we hit FABD and Smokehouse. We have driven by 100s of times and it seems they were always busy. Hammerheads and Feast were both closed on Sunday so we thought we would just give it a try for lunch.....I was a bit skeptical but the food was actually pretty good. I had the brisket sandwich with mac and cheese and my wife had the pulled pork. We wished we would have took a pound of the brisket home with us. Service was good and the joint was pretty cool.
Previous