Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Calling a halt to the El Mundo thread

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:55 am

Okay ... I rarely "lock" a thread on this forum, but I think everything that can be said has been said, and the overall tone of the discussion has reached a level of nastiness that I don't like to see on the forum.

I won't censor it, but I have called a halt to the discussion by "locking" the thread to stop further responses, and I'd prefer not to see the argument resurrected like the undead in a new discussion.

There's been enough said about all this. We all get the message now, and we can all interpret it in our own way.
no avatar
User

Joseph Frase

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 08, 2007 8:30 pm

by Joseph Frase » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:59 am

To one and all,
I just want to clear the air and appologise to everyone on this forum. Even to you ,Natalie. Even after the things you said about me without even knowing me. If I offended anyone I do appologise. It was never my intention to cause a stir. Please do not let this turn you away from El Mundo. As many of you have stated, you love the food and drink. So, please, do not judge me from something said out of anger and in haste. As many have choose to point out, yes, I did edit my post. After calming down and realizing some of the things I said were out of line , and as someone said "counter productive". To Natalie, one thing, I was not making excuses for Bea, I was using it ia a metaphor to say the days are not long enough, for anyone. If you took it as me making excuses, you were mistaken. I never realized there was so much negativity towards us,personally, or our restaurant. This whole mess could have been avoided if these things had been brought to my attention in person, instead of attacking us on this forum.We could have resolved this alot nicer than we did.But, what's done is done. I have appologised to Marie, privately, and hope she accepts. If not, I am truly sorry.
And, to those of you who will think I am not sincere and take things I have written out of context, you are dead wrong.
I have been truly humbled by this experience and will think things through more before responding to a complaint on this forum.
I certianley gave you something to talk about.
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."
Mark Twain
no avatar
User

Natalie S.

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:48 am

by Natalie S. » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:24 am

Joe, no I do not know you ( I do know you like Mark Twain;), nor does anyone else on here I don't think, and you don't know me, and I didn't say anything about you that was MEAN. So I don't know why you keep directly calling me out, but that's ok. In fact you started the name calling and what not. We just wrote about our experience and actual facts. I was actually pointing out what EVERYONE else said when I brought your name up, and the Bea comment came from someone else a well, and I was just pointing that out too. I did that to try and make you realize that something needs to change there. That's all. My boss would realized that in a heartbeat. That's why there are over four pages of responses. That's "what gave people something to talk about" I guess. That is the reason I wrote you a letter. I do no go on these forums EVER, and like I said, it was not our intention to start some heated arguement with so many people commenting on it. Marie just wanted to say how she felt and she did. Not everything in the world can be positive. I wish it could. I wish we felt comfortable enough talking about this to your face but I guess we didn't. Marie told me you apologized to her. I know she was grateful for that. I know we all write in the "heat of the moment". If you knew us, you would know that we are nice people. I am sure you are nice too. I think we all want this conversation to end, but I did have to post this last response to you b/c you brought my name up and I wanted to explain to you my comments were simply me repeating things off the last four pages of the other "thread" that has now been closed for discussion. Thank goodness.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:50 am

Natalie S. wrote:I think we all want this conversation to end, but I did have to post this last response to you

Stop. Stop it now.

Do not even reply to this post. Just ... don't.
no avatar
User

Natalie S.

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:48 am

by Natalie S. » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:15 am

STOPPED. only fair to respond just like you let Joe do.