Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Re: Thanksgiving Seatings At Local Restaurants - Who's Open

by Carla G » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:33 am

Could not find any info re The English Grill for Thanksgiving Day. Anyone remember the cost?
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:53 am

Carla G wrote:Could not find any info re The English Grill for Thanksgiving Day. Anyone remember the cost?

This was the deal in 2011, Carla. Might be a little different in 2014, but I'd guess it would be an incremental change.

The English Grill offers seating for a Thanksgiving Feast at 12:30, 12:45 and 1 p.m. and again at 3:30, 3:45 and 4 p.m. The cost is $59 per person or $29.50 for children ages 4 -12, plus tax and gratuity.

Why not give them a ringy-dingy and then post your findings? :)

583-1234
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Carla G » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:55 pm

Would love to! I've called four times since 2PM and cannot get anyone to answer the phone. I'm thinking elsewhere now.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:34 pm

Carla G wrote:Would love to! I've called four times since 2PM and cannot get anyone to answer the phone. I'm thinking elsewhere now.

I'm going to be honest: I think the Brown - hotel and dining facilities - has been slipping for years. I'm not sure which chain they're in now, but the signs of rigid bean counting and the associated corner-cutting are pretty hard to ignore. Coupled with a profound belief in their greatness, it can be irritating.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Carla G » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:58 pm

I would have been happy to give them a try but there aren't too many times I can access a phone these days. And there is no mention what so ever about Thanksgiving on their web site. I think I've jumped through enough hoops for them for one day. Maybe Science Hill?
no avatar
User

Rick Boman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:26 am

by Rick Boman » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:53 am

Carla G wrote:I would have been happy to give them a try but there aren't too many times I can access a phone these days. And there is no mention what so ever about Thanksgiving on their web site. I think I've jumped through enough hoops for them for one day. Maybe Science Hill?

I've never been, but everyone who I know that has been there on Thanksgiving say it's great, beautiful setting and good food.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Carla G » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:18 pm

Just FYI - Just got an email from Old Stone Inn. They will NOT be opened on Thanksgiving. (In case you were wondering.)
User

Rachel Goldenberg

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:23 pm

Louisville, KY

by Rachel Goldenberg » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:04 am

Here is the information for the English Grill. I do work with them and apologize it was a hassle to get in contact. I will pass your comments along to the team and hope you will consider dining there in the future.

Celebrate Thanksgiving with family and friends at the Brown Hotel Thursday, Nov. 27. Special holiday menus will be available at both restaurants in the iconic downtown Louisville hotel, with a formal sit-down meal in the English Grill and casual buffet offerings in J. Graham’s Café. Reservations are required.

The stately English Grill is the perfect setting for a traditional Thanksgiving supper. To start, try the kabocha squash bisque with a crisp seasonal salad, or indulge in an assortment of shrimp, mussels and crab cakes. A charcuterie and cheese board with freshly-baked bread will be offered as well. Entrée choices include beef tenderloin with cabernet jus; salmon with house-made Benedictine; and roasted turkey with giblet gravy. Sides of glazed carrots, blue corn bread stuffing and Yukon Gold garlic mashed potatoes will be served family-style for the table. Top the meal off with a heavenly slice of sweet potato pie, chocolate truffle tart or Derby pie. The cost is $62 per person, plus tax and gratuity; $20 for children ages 4 to 12 for a la carte and buffet. Children under 4 are complimentary. Seating will take place at 12:30, 12:45, 1, 3:30, 3:45 and 4 p.m. For reservations, call (502) 736-2996.

Guests in J. Graham’s Café may start with a warm cup of spiced parsnip soup or one of a variety of fall salads. An imported meat and pickled vegetable bar, fresh seafood and carving stations with roasted turkey and Kentucky ham, as well as a platter of assorted domestic and imported cheeses, will be offered with the buffet. Additional options include seared Atlantic salmon, buttermilk mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes with candied pecans, a charred vegetable medley, and fig and apple stuffing. For dessert, try a tempting treat like apple strudel, bread pudding or homemade pumpkin pie with Chantilly cream. The cost is $37 per person for adults and $17 for children ages 4 to 12, plus tax and gratuity. Children under 4 are complimentary. Seating is available from 11:15 to 11:45 a.m. and 1:15 to 1:30 p.m. For reservations, call (502) 583-1234, ext. 7225.

User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:38 pm

Claudia Sanders in Shelbyville has a Thanksgiving buffet. Don't know the price.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:18 am

User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:21 am

It's been a while since I've posted. I looked into this thread to find a place to have a meal on Thanksgiving day. I saw one or 2. The rest of the thread wasn't pertinent to the topic. Are there more in our city? I normally enjoy the day with mom but she's out of town this year. I suppose I'll do Taj Palace if they're open.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
Previous