Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Bodega Mi Sueño #2

by Robin Garr » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:41 pm

Iggy C wrote:I believe that Mi Sueno at 3425 Bardstown does not have the same owner as it did when it was Bodega Mi Sueno #2, but I don't have a strong memory of the conversation.

Thanks! I have the impression that the two Bodega Mi Suenos have the same owner, but I may just be assuming that.
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

by Steve Eslinger » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:58 am

You all talked me into trying it and I'm glad you did. Yes, the quantity of food is gargantuan. I wish I had weighed the box when I got home. I sampled the 1/4 chicken (pretty sure it was mojo criollo marinated but the language barrier prevented confirmation) with the Cuban fried rice and plantains and everything was delicious. I had thought I'd save the drumstick for my wife, but it was too damn tasty so the bird had no chance. I did save her some of the rice for today's lunch, which considering the amount was not hard to do.
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:51 pm

I was in the area of Bodega Tuesday night (which is unusual for me), and because of this thread, I stopped in. Interesting place to say the least...grocery, full fresh meat counter, an extensive bakery/baked goods section, and in the back the small restaurant with maybe 8 or so booths.

There were about 15 sandwich combos, each with a nice picture and amazing low prices clearly posted...or you can get a combination plate for $9.99...I believe that's the one everyone here has been referring to with the massive quantities of food. The young lady behind the steam table was heavily accented and I really could not understand anything she was trying to tell me, which was a shame because I really did not want to fall back on to ordering chicken, but I had no choice because I couldn't risk getting a main course of something that I did not know what it was...I'm just to old and set in my ways to be so adventurous with my food.

There were 4-5 different types of rice and I never could understand what each was...but in the end I got lucky with my choices...a brownish rice with several types of meat added to it (small bits of chicken, pork, etc, and I ordered one of 3 types of chicken as my protein (this turned out to be the winner of the night)...basically a large roasted quarter (leg and thigh) with some herbs roasted right onto the skin...very tasty...did I mention that you get 2 of these roasted quarters?

Finally you get a side...not a fan of yucca or plantains so I saw something that looked exactly like sweet potatoes and asked to taste it (as I was positive it was sweet potatoes)..it wasn't near as sweet as sweet potatoes...but my ears just could not decipher what she was telling me it was, but I got it anyway.

It was almost comical watching her put the rice on my plate...not just a couple of spoonfuls..she just kept adding it on, filling the entire plate to a depth of two inches, easily at least a pound of rice...then TWO of the chicken quarters (another half-pound or so), and then finally a separate bowl with a half pound of the faux sweet potatoes.

I have never seen so much food as I had before me...all for $9.99 and tasty!

Highly recommended...took home a quarter chicken, half pound of rice and half the potatoes (or what ever they were). My take home box weighs more than most of the regular to go meals I bring home!
Previous