Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Local Places that Deliver

User

Antonia L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Cherokee Triangle

Local Places that Deliver

by Antonia L » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:46 pm

What are some locally-owned restaurants that will deliver meals for groups at an office building? Location is the Newburg Road/Watterson Expressway area. We frequently order food for meetings and trainings and we order breakfast, lunch and dinner, depending on the time.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Local Places that Deliver

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:52 pm

Antonia L wrote:What are some locally-owned restaurants that will deliver meals for groups at an office building? Location is the Newburg Road/Watterson Expressway area. We frequently order food for meetings and trainings and we order breakfast, lunch and dinner, depending on the time.

Thinking about that address, I wonder if Lee's would do it. Korean lunch!
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:01 pm

Howdy! I have been in the process of moving for three weeks, which also involved waiting for cable people, painters, etc. When hubby was away, I called Takeout Taxi and had some great food from Majids, Havana Rumba, Shalimar and the Grape Leaf. You can do your order online and pay from credit card, including tip. Delivery fee is $5. I think some places might add a tip. Anyway, I knew I couldn't survive on Pizza, Chinese and Cafe Lou Lou's an entire month! I have them to take about an hour for delivery, as often the drivers are all over time and other times, the restaurant drags a bit. Still,it' a great service, and they give you a nice coupon after your first order.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:03 pm

Sorry, can't type, the drivers might have to drive from La Grange to downtown, etc.
www.takeout taxi.com
no avatar
User

Nora Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Clifton

by Nora Boyle » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:28 pm

We've been using lexeatin.com with much success as well.
no avatar
User

Ian Hall

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:56 am

by Ian Hall » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:06 pm

My sister owns the Orange Clover in Jeffersonville. They offer delivery for breakfast and lunch, and a full catering operation. It's pretty awesome stuff, plus she is my sister so you know that's good. Here is a link to her facebook page...https://www.facebook.com/OrangeCloverKitchen

Ian Hall
The Exchange pub + kitchen
no avatar
User

Doug A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:47 pm

Highlands

by Doug A » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:49 pm

Ian Hall wrote:My sister owns the Orange Clover in Jeffersonville. They offer delivery for breakfast and lunch, and a full catering operation. It's pretty awesome stuff, plus she is my sister so you know that's good. Here is a link to her facebook page...https://www.facebook.com/OrangeCloverKitchen

Ian Hall
The Exchange pub + kitchen

Seconded.

Her breakfast sandwiches and grits specials are as outstanding as her lunch.

We're hoping that the bridge project is not putting too much of a hurt on traffic for her.
no avatar
User

Nancy Tarrant

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:56 am

by Nancy Tarrant » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:14 pm

The Cheddar Box in Chenoweth Square delivers. Call 893-2324
User

Paul S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Goshen

by Paul S » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:23 pm

Not sure about the radius, but Cafe Lou Lou at Douglass Loop delivers. Sounds like you'd be under 3 miles from there.
no avatar
User

Bob Kiper

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:26 pm

by Bob Kiper » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:15 pm

Try TAKEOUT TAXI.COM
User

Antonia L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Cherokee Triangle

by Antonia L » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:57 pm

Thanks all. I'm aware of Takeout Taxi, as we use it here in the office. I am looking for local restaurants that deliver. Thanks for the ideas you've sent! If anyone knows of more, post here, please.