Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Nuts & Stuff Closing

no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

Nuts & Stuff Closing

by GaryF » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:35 pm

Just saw a post on their FB page that Nuts & Stuff will be closing at the end of the month. Everything is for sale.
Very sad indeed to see them go.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Nuts & Stuff Closing

by Mark R. » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:57 pm

Certainly sad to see them closing, did they mention the reason they are closing?
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:01 pm

We are friends with Paul and Mel and I know they tried their hardest to make it work. The traffic was just not there, especially with Lynn's sitting empty down the street. Please remember to support your local merchants, many of them are hanging by a thread!
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:56 pm

Yeah, I've been in a Facebook conversation with Dana McMahan about this ... my bad, should have posted here. I agree that it's sad to see any local close, and more so when it's got a long heritage. I have to say, though, that I was sad-but-not-surprised. What filled a need in its early years became a little less relevant with the arrival of bulk bins at Rainbow Blossom and Whole Foods. The arrival of Penzey's, first as an online competitor and then with a bricks-and-mortar operation in Louisville, had to be the final straw.
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:56 pm

Sorry to say I never made it to the "new" location...I know they moved several years ago but it was always a we keep meaning to get there kind of thing. :roll:
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:12 pm

I've talked to a couple other shop owners on Barrett who are also hurting bad since the closure of Lynn's.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:20 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:I've talked to a couple other shop owners on Barrett who are also hurting bad since the closure of Lynn's.

Which adds a little more texture to Ms Winter's apparent refusal to let the building do anything but stand vacant and decaying until she finds a buyer who'll meet her exacting standards. I could be wrong about this, but it appears to be not only self-destructive but problematic for the neighborhood as well. :roll:
no avatar
User

AlanManias

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:06 pm

by AlanManias » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:18 pm

I think Lynn won't budge on her requirements of the purchaser after the sale. To think that someone would buy her place and not want to make SOME, if not a lot of changes, to her "brand" including the menu is absurd. She'll never sell on those terms.

So now where can I get that Hungarian Paprika for my neighbor's Paprikash.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:32 pm

AlanManias wrote:So now where can I get that Hungarian Paprika for my neighbor's Paprikash.

Probably at Lotsa Pasta, and probably at Penzey's in Shelbyville Road Plaza. I'd give preference to the local Lotsa, myself.

I'm sorry about Nuts N Stuff too, though.
User

Jimmy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:07 pm

Germantown

by Jimmy R » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:23 pm

I live right up the street, and it saddens me to see the devastating effect that Miss Winters' massive ego seems to be having on the surrounding small businesses. Let it go, Lynn. Find some other reason to get Oprah and Bobby Flay to pay attention to you for 15 minutes. I mean, come on, you don't even live here, what pleasure could you possibly be getting out of hanging on at this point?