Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Decca's Whole Hog BBQ

no avatar
User

Andrew A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:53 pm

Decca's Whole Hog BBQ

by Andrew A » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:00 am

Join us October 22nd for a Whole Hog Pig Pickin'. Come on down and celebrate fall with porky goodness, delicious drinks, and live foot stompin' music! Chef Annie Pettry will be working in collaboration with pit master Andrew Armstrong of Bourbon Barrel BBQ to smoke a whole heritage hog raised by Jay Denham of Woodlands Pork. Dinner will be served family style and will include hog, sides, & dessert. Paired libations will be available from Copper & Kings, and Falls City Beer.

Come play some corn hole, hang with friends by the fire pit, EAT some delicious meat, and meet the chef, farmer, and pit master.

$39 gets you full, $59 gets you drunk too.
Reservations start at 5:30. Visit us at Opentable.com or call 502-749-8128 to claim your seat!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1477835519156427/

Super excited to be working with a great group of chefs and cooking some incredible pork for this event! Show up the night before and watch us load this beautiful animal into the smoker out on Market Street.
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

Re: Decca's Whole Hog BBQ

by Steve Eslinger » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:35 am

A pig-pickin'--woot! Haven't heard that since my college days back in Eastern NC. Will this be a true Eastern NC style feast--complete with a simple vinegar sauce (no ketchup or tomato!) and slaw on everything?
no avatar
User

Andrew A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:53 pm

by Andrew A » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:01 am

Steve, I'm not 100% sure what kind of sauce Annie may have but I know the one we have made is not a true NC vinegar sauce. It does not have any tomato in it and it is a chili and vinegar base but with some sorghum and various spices added. It's thicker than a true NC sauce. I know there is going to be more than one option as far as sauce so that may end up being one of the options.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:07 pm

I just got a PR notice reminding us of this even coming up Wednesday, so let's kick it back up to the top!

On October 22, Decca is hosting its 2nd Annual Beast Feast Whole Hog Pickin'. Guest can celebrate fall with porky goodness, delicious drinks, and live foot stompin' music! Executive Chef Annie Pettry will be working in collaboration with pit master Andrew Armstrong of Bourbon Barrel BBQ to smoke a whole heritage hog raised by Jay Denham of Woodlands Pork. Dinner will be served family style and will include hog, sides, & dessert. Paired libations will be available from Copper & Kings, and Falls City Beer. Reservations begin at 5:30pm. Dinner is $39, or $59 with beverage pairings.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:22 pm

Woodland's Pork is amazing! That combined with Annie's cooking promises to be a memorable feast.
Deb