Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Best restaurant app ever?

User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Highlands

Best restaurant app ever?

by Lonnie Turner » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:29 pm

Forgive me if this topic has come up before. Just saw this on Business Insider:
http://www.businessinsider.com/dash-app-for-eating-out-2014-10
Apart from a noise dampening app, I can't imagine one that's a better candidate to usher in a new golden age of customer bliss.
Can anyone say if any bars or restaurants here will be participating soon? Or if they are doing so with something similar? Being relatively new to smartphones (a few months - love the tech, just not the cost) I'd likely not know if there was.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Best restaurant app ever?

by Mark R. » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:15 pm

It looks like the software mentioned in the article, Dash, is only available in about 60 restaurants per the article and all those are in New York and Chicago. If that's the case I'm wondering what they are doing with all the money they raised via social media considering it's about $2 million! Haven't heard of anybody locally offer anything similar but I'm sure eventually it or something similar will catch on here. Hopefully the industry standardizes on one or two applications so you don't have to have a separate application for every restaurant you visit! :mrgreen:
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Best restaurant app ever?

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:19 pm

Lonnie, I think it's a great idea for busy restaurants or bars, so you can get out without a long wait to settle up if you're in a hurry. That's from a consumer standpoint. What I can't quite figure is the benefit to the restaurant. Happy customers come back for more, I guess. But other than that, it seems like it would take some incentive to get them to install and pay for a new system.