Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Roux.....Oh My

no avatar
User

Susanne Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:55 pm

Re: Roux.....Oh My

by Susanne Smith » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:15 pm

Once again, thank you for the intelligent discussion here. I learn something new every day. I was always under the impression that Yelp, Urbanspoon, and the like were legitimate sites where the "public" not particularly foodies as such, would go to post reasonably thought out reviews of places they had enjoyed, or not so much. I must be just about the luckiest business owner in the world for being this naive. My eyes have certainly been opened by the comments about this side of the business. What a horror show. If my disgruntled employees, or even ex wives, ever got wind of what really goes on in this medium, I would be TOAST! But to my great fortune they haven't yet, and bless my soul, nor as anyone one else in our fair city. I'm not saying there aren't bad days, or less than stellar meals to leave my grill. But with that said, I have never, ever, gotten a bad, or worse, apathetic review on any of these sites!
I will steel myself for the onslaught of bad reviews, extortion, and a cadre of ex wives to start writing bad reviews any day now. I was in the past, always operating with this antiquated notion that I would not "Bite the hand I feed" And I was under the impression ( this is how naive I was) that it was disgruntled operators and chefs, that were just whining about being unjustly slammed in the public arena. I will be ready to fight the good fight, and any laptops or mobile devices will be checked upon leaving the premises. I don't want this to come across as smug, and my good reviews notwithstanding, I am truly enlightened by the good Formites revelations on these issues. Especially Yelp. I love me some Gumbo, and look forward to a bowl of that nutty, dark golden ambrosia that awaits me at Roux. Best in all.
Previous