Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

California foods

User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

California foods

by Gayle DeM » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:23 pm

I "jonesing" for some foods that I enjoy when in California. I know I can purchase the Lucas Candy online, but I am wondering if any of the following are available locally?

Lucas Candy
Horcharas

and since we've been discussing doughnuts lately, does anyplace around here make Cambodian doughnuts?
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: California foods

by Robin Garr » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:31 pm

Gayle DeM wrote:I "jonesing" for some foods that I enjoy when in California. I know I can purchase the Lucas Candy online, but I am wondering if any of the following are available locally?

Lucas Candy
Horcharas

and since we've been discussing doughnuts lately, does anyplace around here make Cambodian doughnuts?

I think you may be out of luck, Gayle, although that Vietnamese bakery on South Side Drive might be a place to start your Cambodian quest. I don't think any of the refugee ministries here dealing with Vietnamese and Laotian Hmong communities have focused on Cambodia, though.