Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

VK Perfection!

no avatar
User

Tony G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:37 am

Louisville Ky 40214

VK Perfection!

by Tony G » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:27 pm

We recently moved from Taylorsville to the Iroquois Park area. Tonite is our 8th wedding anniversary. The wife suggested Vietnam Kitchen. We have been there 3-4 times. But tonite I had the K8. UN-BELIEVABLE!!! Laid before me was a huge bowl of a God sent ambrosia! First time I've had that much recommended dish. Why did I wait so long to try this?? This little hole in the wall place has left us agog every time. The best part? My GPS has us exactly 2.0 miles from the restaurant. Superb food, excellent service, very friendly servers and owner. I hope they never change! Being so close now, we will be frequenting VK much more. I want to explore the menu, maybe branch out into unfamiliar food territory.
no avatar
User

Matt C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:21 pm

clifton

Re: VK Perfection!

by Matt C » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:01 pm

They are awsome ! Iv been goingthere getting k10 for twenty years ! :-) and there open xmas !
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:51 am

Mouth-watering review, Tony. Thanks! Now craving some K8 ...
no avatar
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

by Gary Guss » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:25 am

2nd on the K 8
no avatar
User

Adrian Baldwin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:29 pm

Louisville, KY

by Adrian Baldwin » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:43 am

Been worshipping K8 for 10 years...I'd guess I've had it 48 of the 50 times I've been to VK.

That said, I went with the Pineapple Chicken Curry last time (extra spicy).....and it was absolutely unreal. I love any/all curries, with Thai leading the way, but this was maybe the best Curry Dish I've ever had.

I will now now be alternating between the two dishes. 8)
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:49 pm

Seconding the pineapple curry. I asked about it, where it came from, the waiter said she just invented it one day. It's not a regional dish.